1.1.4 jailbreak error (used ziphone)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Electric Monk, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Electric Monk

Electric Monk New Member

I'm very sorry, but please try to bear with me, I just tried to jailbreak my iPod after bearing someone rave about jailbreaking today.

So. I looked around iptouch.co.nr and found Ziphone, a program that's supposed to jailbreak iPods in firmware 1.1.4. Mine was, so I tried to use it.

I tried to install some games and such, except the downloads wouldn't even start. I thought it wasn't worth it, so I tried to use the un-jailbreak (the program calls it "refurbish") program in Ziphone.
    During the process, a command that said "spamming AT, waiting for response" was stuck, so I thought it froze. I cancelled the process in Ziphone and unplugged my iPod.

Now, whenever I turn it on, it goes into a screen that looks like cmd.exe in Windows and gets stuck at a command that says

BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0

so now iTunes won't recognize it, I can't use Ziphone to fix the problem (it won't run unless iTunes recognizes the iPod) and I have no idea what to do. Help!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Use ziphone to kick it into normal mode and just restore with itunes.
  3. Electric Monk

Electric Monk New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I should have clarified.

The jailbreak is already installed. I was trying to REMOVE it, but got an error. Now whenever I turn my iPod on it goes into the scrolling white text of doom and cycles at the BSD major 2 minor 0 error. iTunes doesn't recognize it. Am I screwed?
  4. Electric Monk

Electric Monk New Member

Guess what? I'm an idiot. I wasn't putting it into restore mode correctly. Although I still can't install any apps or anything, but I'll figure that out.
  5. will52393

will52393 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No more rep, dumbass.

Just jailbreak again; this is a common problem and only happens about 1/10 times or so.
  7. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Restore it, then use pwnage tool.