1.1.4 improvement from 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by TheBa, Apr 2, 2008.

1. TheBa

TheBa New Member

Hi guys

I am on 1.1.1 (j/b) and am tempted to upgrade to 1.1.4 (j/b). I'm happy enough with the way it is but have read somewhere that upgrading may improve battery life - its fairly poor at the moment. Also I've read that its worth doing a full restore every so often (ie) good to clean the Ipot back to its unjailbroken state. Would it be worth doing just for these possible advantages?

As an aside, can I ask, as part of the jailbreaking process when people refer to "restoring" to 1.1.4 first I presume this would mean for me plugging in my 1.1.1 Ipot into itunes and just hitting Restore? If I already have downloaded the iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw file will just clicking shift, restore and selecting this achieve the same thing?

Thanks folks
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I can't say I have seen an improvement in battery life on 1.1.4 when compared to 1.1.3 or 1.1.1 - the only way you will know is to try it and do the same things you are doing now.

For reasons I do not understand iTunes will not Restore or Upgrade a jailbroken iPod Touch - you will most likely get an error when you try either method. The only way to do an firmware change is to put the iPod in DFU mode using either the button press method or a batch file like autodown - search DFU mode you will find many threads.
  3. TheBa

TheBa New Member

Cheers Rob

Surprised I can only restore/upgrade in the way you suggest, but thanks for the info anyway
  4. R3PLAY

R3PLAY New Member

Battery Life is not really improved and I can restore my Ipod in Itunes did it already
    2 times went oke but degrading to FW 1.1.1 is I think to hard
  5. spaided

spaided New Member

1.1.1. vs 1.1.4

I am not totally sure of the improvements, but i too was tempted to 1.1.4 and i have had zero problems since the upgrade, except the minor problem of app compatibility.
  6. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

really? ive never had any problem restoring my jailbroken touch, i must have done it at least 8 times since ive had it too
  7. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)