1.1.4 - Customize & Summerboard.?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Prabz, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Prabz

Prabz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok i want to update to 1.1.4 cuz why would they release it if they did not want to use it for SDK

but at this time im a bit hesitant cuz for 1.1.3 it look quite a bit of time for customize and summerboard to get up and running

so i was wondering if anyone has gone to 1.1.4 and used customize and summerboard with no problems???
    and do apps that worked on 1.1.3 work with 1.1.4???

PLZ comment

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. RedHornet

RedHornet New Member

Device:
    iPhone

My summerboard isn't letting me customize anything with 1.1.4. Looks like I have to wait for an update to one thats compatible.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Be patient. You need to wait for Developers to update their Apps for 1.1.4 Compatibility. After all, the gap between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 is VERY narrow. It came out too fast.

ALSO, its PLEASE. Not PLZ. DO NOT BE LAZY.

Also, SEARCH the forums and the INTERNET, like Google and maybe Digg.com

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

SummerBoard works perfectly for me on 1.1.4, as does my modded version of Customize. What problems are you guys having?
  5. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well when I try to install summerboard, I get a message that says I must be on 1.1.3. Well, at least drummer and my headphones are working now.
  6. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've managed to install both the modified version of Customize and Summerboard, and neither do anything. They both launch fine and don't crash, but Summerboard remains in it's 'inactive' state no matter how many times I restart, and Customize won't even respring me on an exit, and after manually respringing or restarting, it won't apply the changes I've set.
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Just temporarily change your firmware version number in your SystemVersion.plist.

Also,
    chmod +s /Applications/The.app,.

SummerBoard will never become active if all you do is restart, you'll need to reboot.
  8. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have rebooted, that's what I meant by 'restart' i.e. 'restart the ipod'.
  9. adra

adra New Member

http://www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio.xml

all you need is adding this link to your sources, then you can see the 1.1.3 app's with much more beautiful app's there in your installer. of course i m talking about after jailbreaking of 1.1.4. also you will see an app that enables "summerboard 1.1.3 app" for 1.1.4

i myself used ziphone and its quite stable.

but i have a question though, after jailbreaking 1.1.4 with ziphone, in "iphone browser" my ipod doesnt have the summerboard folders. no "var" no "root".. nothing.. i m confused..
    summerboard is working. but i can only use themes that i installed from "installer".

anyone has a thought?

edit: i can't use SSH since i dont have a wireless PC, so i guess "iphone browser" is the only program that i can use?
  10. RedHornet

RedHornet New Member

Device:
    iPhone

Say what? Ha, I'm not sure I'm doing all of that. I'm just a basic user. Unless, that is there's a step by step.

I'm not adding that untill we have several confirmations.