1.1.4 and/or the end of upgrades???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by redgtxdi, Jan 15, 2008.

1. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So.........let's say for now that a jailbroken 1.1.2 is easily the best thing since sliced bread!!

Is there anything that they can bring to the table in the next upgrade, or two, or twelve, that would seriously cause you to jump????

And how far do you think they'll go w/ firmware before the Touch is obsolete????

(I remember when a group of us thought our LG VX4400 phone's were just the cream a few years back...............now I don't know if anybody even uses an LG VX4400 anymore)

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    did you travel into the future or something? because 1.1.3 just came out hours ago lol
  3. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The iPhone and iPod Touch are not being used to it's full potential. For example, the internet browser does not have flash player or javascript. They have not released the SKD for either one.

It will take a long time before they will be obsolete.

Hey markymarkdotcom, my birthday is 3/27/1990. Only 3 days off from yours!
  4. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

lol I think he's trying to say the NEXT update (1.1.4) could be the end of firmware updates seeing as 1.1.3 is a step toward what jailbroken 1.1.2 offered.

I'd say no, but there will be a point where they`ll release a new ipod touch and brand new firmware anyway so who cares?
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yea, later this year
  6. williamoforangeIT

williamoforangeIT New Member

It would be nice if one of the updates, from either Apple itself, or Installer, would carry Java/flash support for safari to use those on the internet.
    Thats what im really hoping for.
  7. spraggih

spraggih New Member

In terms of features to make me to jump to a firmware it could have to include:
    Copy/Paste functionality
    Search within a webpage
    Ability to create folders/categories on Springboard
    Apache or equivalent web server built-in
    eBook reader with search
    Ability to add a memory card/slot add-on (OK I have now gone too far

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    Ability to jailbreak for every else not included in the firmware

a little (OK lot) OT-- has anyone seen the latest Internet (mobile) version of gMail? It is so cool I am strongly considering forgoing the Mail app. It has all the labels, ability to archive, mark as starred, and it used gMail's message thread feature so conversations are grouped as one email.
  8. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

dont think so far ahead lol...1.1.3 came out less than 5 hours ago...rawr...jailbreaking shouldnt be dead...just much harder starting from 1.1.4 if they do try to work on it...
  9. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL..........ya I know. I'm already thinkin' about 1.1.4. Just that 1.1.3 (heck the whole MW in general) was so disappointing that it still leaves me with this feeling of "what's next?"!!!!

Anyway......I agree w/ the need for a 'flash' update. Even if we never get it, I'm happy w/ my JB 1.1.2 Touch as-is. I was just trying to think outside of that one big thing (flash) as to what else this thing can do that would be worth ever leaving a JB 1.1.2 Touch.

And to Spraggih ---------- Not only is that Gmail better (imho) but I don't even use the iPhone "weather". I use weatherbug.........(waaaaaay better, imho) and even offers live camera shots of the area you're researching.

Stock are stocks so I consider that a wash. Really the only iPhone app that is better than online is the Maps one.....imho.
  10. spraggih

spraggih New Member

Oh yes-- Flash is key. There are so many sports sites using flash now. (if you are into sports like me).

Yes I concur -- 1.1.3 is ho-hum. I guess Apple will continue on a roll but every now and then people take a break. Apple's team took a break.