1.1.4 and 2.1 differences

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ghost1337, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ghost1337

ghost1337 New Member

Hello,
    I would like to know the main differences between the iPod touch versions 1.1.4 and 2.x.
    And is it possible to downgrade an iPod touch 2G to the version 1.1.4?

I'm planning to buy an iPod touch and i'd like to use voip but I read it won't run with version 2.x yet.
  2. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dont even know where to begin listing the differences from. They're completely different firmwares and 2.x adds a heck load of new features. Support for 3rd party apps and the App Store being the main ones. I can't even remember what 1.1.4 was even like anymore.

And about downgrading, I think it might be possible, but it's gonna be a pain. the 1.1.4 firmware file is more or less extinct nowadays anyway.
  3. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey!
    *still on 1.1.4*

Please Register or Log in to view images

The only problem is that I hit Refresh Sources...and nothing new ever comes up

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm still hanging on though, I love neverball and neverputt too much!
  4. blunden

blunden Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, since the new ipod uses a different processor it's impossible to downgrade it. That one that ships on it is the lowest possible firmware that will work.
  5. bunker1990

bunker1990 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually, I got Skype's IM+ when I was on my old 1G Ipod Touch, and it allowed me to make calls, but they wouldn't work with that Ipod. However, since the 2nd generation supports the headphones with mics, apple.com says so, it looks like I will be able to use Skype with it.
  6. cainy

cainy New Member

2g touch wont work with 1.1.4 firmware as its not the same hardware, as for 1.1.4 vs 2.1 there evenly matched really, 1.1.4 has JB, stability and its pretty quick
    2.1 has Apps store, and its quick, quite stable for 2.0 but nowhere near the standard of 1.1.4 as far as safari crashing, better than 2.0.x though
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch