1.1.4->2.x.x help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by XFreeRollerX, Sep 10, 2008.

1. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

Im thinking about updating to the latest V2 software but I have not been reading up on anything....

Is there anything other than added games/apps that would surprize me?

IE: having to pay for anything? Not being able to customize? No games?

Thanks guys!
    +rep for help
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why are you not reading up about it? Lazy?

Is there anything other than added games/apps that would surprize me?​

What else are you looking for? Also:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

There are TONS of Free Games and Apps even without jailbreaking. Check out my Signature. Jailbreaking allows for Customization and a few more Apps made by the Jailbreaking community. Also, the App Store has 3,000+ Apps/Games.

Rep Died out along with the Dinosaurs and Parachute Pants.
  3. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

as I said I havent been around for a long time as Ive been busy with other things, and havent signed onto these forums in months, sorry for the mistake

I just decided to post while i was reading.... i havent come across the fact that there are games available for free, All i keep finding is "purchase 2.0 for 9.99"

anyhow so its the same thing as before, just slightly higher potential and the option to buy stuff?

I guess what I am asking is.... Is something like Installer on 1.1.x still alive on the 2.x software? Ive noticed that 1.1.4 installer apps are dead, there hasnt been a new app on my recent list for a long time now
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Upgrading to 2.X only costs 9.99. I'm sure you have enough for that. There are tons of Free software for you to chose from. And not all of it is Crap if you check the list in my Link.

Exactly.

Most people use Cydia now, but Installer is still there. And most of the Apps on 1.1.x have either been ported through the App Store or on 2.X.
  5. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

Wait, so this guide I am reading about WINPWN for 2.0.1 is not free?

Im confused.... Do i have to pay or not?

what advantages of paying is there?

EDIT: Whoa, whats up with the links in your sig for free apps? Are you saying there are no free apps?

EDIT2: nvm, idk whats going on... free 2.0 is not free?
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You are SUPPOSED to pay for the 2.0 Firmware. You don't have to Jailbreak you know. Its just for Extra customization.

You only have to pay to update to 2.0.

There are TONS of Free apps.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

*facepalm* at this thread.

2.x costs $9.99

There are many free apps, but some cost money.

Cydia = 2.x Installer.

WinPwn is free, but you need the $9.99 2.x software.
  8. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

Im really misunderstanding something here

I just got iTunes to start downloading V2 software (whats apparently the latest update) without consenting to pay anything.. I still have all the store credit i had beforehand...

Do I pay to download, pay to install, pay to restore the software to my iPod? I have the file on my computer now... I used iTunes to download it in a matter that seemed perfectly legitimate... Where along the lines of 2.1 does paying come into play?

Also, I assume WinPwn has been working on 2.1 for the iPod Touch, I know the iPhone stuff is not out yet, but has the touch been tested?

Sorry if I seem like one of those idiotic forum noobs... this isn't my area of "expertise"....