1.1.3jb put itself into restore mode!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by rktsci, Feb 5, 2008.

1. rktsci

rktsci New Member

So here goes...Last night I was finally able to successfully downgrade my touch from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and re-jailbreak it back up to 1.1.3. I used the ipodtouchmaster soft upgrade which included the apps from the january update. Everything seemed to work great except it looked like I was running low on space in the system partition according to the Boss Tools app (approx 4 MB left).

Just a few minutes ago, I had the mail app running and I went to delete a message and my touch crashed. When I restarted it, it appeared with the 'connect to itunes' screen and i believe that my unit is now in restore mode.

Anyone ever see this before??
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

yeah... i just got it today... i was using safari surfing the web and then it happen too.... at first i thought that safari just crashed but no!! it just appear on restore mode.... have you tried connecting it to itunes again?? what did come out??? im still not having the opportunity to connect it to my pc yet so im in the suspence of what is the solution??
  3. rktsci

rktsci New Member

^ I'm at work and won't be able to reconnect until later today.
  4. ThatDamAfrican

ThatDamAfrican New Member

i had the same thing happen to me today. i started playing a song and it reboot on me and gave me the iTunes image. i just plugged it in and it said that my iPod needed to be restored

Please Register or Log in to view images

i don't know why it happened. can anyone shed some light on the subject so that this doesn't happen again??
  5. soccerb12ku

soccerb12ku New Member

happened to me too...so i just rejailbroke to 1.1.2 but now i can't download half the stuff on installer because the package fails or i need 1.1.3 for it
  6. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Had same problem while playing ttr. It just crashed and went to restore mode. I lost everything

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. _Flux_

_Flux_ New Member

has everyone been using the same upgrade method?
    aka has everyones whos has crashed used ipodtouchmasters?
  8. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    if a applications crashes and your ipod restarts it will go into recovery mode and to get it out run ibrickr
  9. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

ok ok i found the solution and its really easy..... you just have to download ibrikr and then follow the instructions... and PRAY that your screen turns red as mine did... so i got everything back... nothing got lost... what ibrikr does is get your ipod out of restore mode... this should be the link... for the other post where i got the solution.....
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32564
  10. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

sry i didnt read this post but yes that is the solution...