Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NYGiants228, Jan 29, 2008.

1. NYGiants228

NYGiants228 New Member

What does 1.1.3 do for ur ipod? faster internet? better sound?
    and if i jailbreak to 1.1.3 all of my apps on my 1.1.2 ipod will not work and i will have to redownload them right?

Thanks
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The main different thing about 1.1.3 jailbreak is that you get the app pack free (includes wiggly icons, and iphone apps). And if you jailbreak 1.1.3 all of your apps get overwritten and you will have to redownload them or if you backed up the application folder to your desktop for example just copy the folder back to your Root partition.

Personally I don't want to upgrade to 1.1.3 because the jailbreak is glitchy and a lot of the apps for 1.1.2 aren't compatible with 1.1.3 but probably in a week or two most of the apps will be compatible with 1.1.3 and that is when i will jailbreak.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. T0uchD0wn

T0uchD0wn New Member

Yeah, me too!
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I wouldn't say that a lot of the apps don't work. Most of them work just fine, it's just that the ones that don't are fairly major: Summerboard, Customize (I think), advanced prefs, and Categories, in the main. See this thread for a list of, and discussion about 1.1.3 app compatibility, and then have a look at this thread for a list of common problems and solutions to jailbreaking 1.1.3.

My own jailbreak experience was ... interesting. Okay, it was a world-class pain in the ass. I won't go into details, but in the end I ended up doing a full restore (uh, okay, several -- partly my fault) and doing everything clean and from scratch. That seems to be the best and easiest way that has the least amount of risk of something screwing up due to something that's installed on your system, or things that you've customized. For me, the following procedure worked best:

1. Full restore to 1.1.1 using downloaded ipsw.
    2. Safari > jailbreakme.com
    3. Install BSD Subsystem, community sources, OktoPrep
    4. Upgrade to 1.1.2 using downloaded ipsw
    5. Touchfree jailbreak to 1.1.2 (don't forget to check Install SSH!)
    6. Install BSD Subsystem, community sources, BossTool
    7. Move apps in BossTool
    8. Perform soft 1.1.3 upgrade (I used the all-in-one with apps)
    9. Install BSD Subsystem, BossTool, OpenSSH, community sources.

Done. Assuming all goes well, that is.
  5. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

a couple things I've noticed is better battery life, faster loading videos and web pages and faster iTunes sync
    not having customize, summerboard, and categories is a bummer

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yea that is one of the main reasons i jailbroke my Touch is to customize it but since smb, customize and categories are not fully compatible no jb.