Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ohsleeper, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ohsleeper

ohsleeper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    is it worth upgrading to?
    (and buying the apps)
    or is it worth waiting to jailbreak it?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

first off, ur probally going to get flamed 4 not searching but who gives a sh*t

in my opinion no, the apps arent that special and everything they offer u can get somewhere elese, less convenient though, like the web apps. also its very limited compared to the jailbroken 1.1.2. just wait plus people are working to distribute the apps free btw jailbreak released in feb. if u didnt already no.
  3. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Well, I personally upgraded. I like the feel of having a completely legitemate iPod. If you don't know already, downloading the iPhone apps through a repo is illegal.

Also, in response to "you're probably going to get flamed" (posted by higuys):

I think it is ridiculous what some of the people on this forum are doing. They freak out posting "Srch YOU No0b!!" yet in the time they posted that they could just say "look here at this site..." or "search for how to jailbreak 1.1.2".

-tsice19
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ditto. I think that the only reason that we had to go thru the $20.00 upgrade was for licensing anyway....
  5. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

what does 'ditto' mean anyway?
  6. ben471

ben471 New Member

i would say no. Someone said this before and I will say it again in my own way. I spent $400 on an iPod Touch and I will touch it how I damn well like. If they want us to pay an extra 20 bucks for what I can get for free I say that is bull.

I will not upgrade until there is a jailbreak and even then I see no reason to. If I want to play donkey kong on MY ipod, then I will.

I feel like non of that makes sense but you get the gist

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. paulbangean

paulbangean New Member

you know what i would say? give me the money so i can upgrade and then tell you if it is worth it
  8. Lurkerlou

Lurkerlou New Member

I on the other hand would say it's worth the $20 for the update. Not because it's legal but really because they are quality versions of the apps the I personally wanted to use, minus the stocks app.

I have really for the most part just Lurker on the site for a few reasons the main one was just posted earlier by tsice19. While some people here are quite good about helping others and doing amazing stuff with the iPod touch jailbreak and apps etc. there is about 10 to 1 ratio of post whoring asshats who really have nothing better to do than to jump on people for asking a frequently asked question.

Not only that but they are so dumb that about 7 of them jump into the thread all slagging the offender about the Search button. Each and every one not saying anything different than the guy/girl before but all the while bumping the post to the top as fast as the search nazi's post count.

Sure the repeated questions do get annoying but about half as annoying as the know it all post whores.

I guess it should be chalked up to a bunch of 12 year old kids who have had their first chance at telling someone else to do all the time ....just like when mommy tells you to clean your room.

Good to get that off my chest
  9. 1337Nicedude

1337Nicedude New Member

olol, sorry dude, but dat happens alot dont offend them you loser
  10. 1337Nicedude

1337Nicedude New Member

oh and lol, at least some tiems they give you an anser then tell you to search.
    you get your anser either wai if they decide to dew it liek that.