1.1.3 wiped out my music and video

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by XDaveD13X, Jan 30, 2008.

1. XDaveD13X

XDaveD13X New Member

i did the ipod touch elite teams jailbreak package and it only took like a half an hour when it finished all my music and videos were gone and in itunes my disk space says 7.27gb of "other" and 88kb of free space. I was also not upgraded 1.1.3, but instead still in 1.1.2. I downgraded to 1.1.1 then went to 1.1.2 and jailbroke it again. The only thing i have installed right now is installer, SSH, and BSD Subsystem. i did not update my itunes to 7.6 either. I also do not know what the "other" is that is taking up 7 gig of space So i cant even go into Cute FTP pro to delete it. Ive searched and have read 100s of threads,but i cannot find anything.

Can anybody help me?
  2. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Had the same problem today. I got almost 600 MB of Other. I just restored to 1.1.1 and worked my way to 1.1.3. Trust me, a clean JB is worth it.
  3. XDaveD13X

XDaveD13X New Member

yeah thats what i did i restored to 1.1.1 and worked my way back to a jailbroken 1.1.2 firmware, it still says in itunes that im packed with 7gb of "other" , should i just try doing the 1.1.3 again even though it is saying i dnt have enough space for it?
  4. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Weird. When I jailbroke 1.1.1, it said only 20.1 MB of Other. Are you sure?
  5. XDaveD13X

XDaveD13X New Member

yeah idk why either im usually good following everything step by step word for word but it seems like im the only one this happened to. Im in 1.1.2 jailbroken and all it says in the capacity bar is other- 7.27gb and Free Space- 88kb
  6. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Would I be accurate in guessing that your music took up approximately 7GB of space? Meaning that the files are still there taking up space, but iTunes and the iPod are ignoring them?

Can you access your drive via SSH? Delete all of the files in this folder and see if that helps:

/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/

Or maybe they've been left behind in the root user's folder. That would make sense, since iTunes watches the mobile folder now, files in the root folder are ignored. So check here too:

/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/
  7. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmmm. Logically, doesn't restoring to 1.1.1 delete everything and installs 1.1.1? So unless your copy of 1.1.1 firmware is messed, I really haven't a clue.
  8. XDaveD13X

XDaveD13X New Member

wow thank you so much, it worked i spent so long looking in their for something like this, your the man!

now all it says is 203 mb of other im pretty sure thats normal but if not do u think i should delete the files in the /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/ folder also?
  9. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Yeah its obvious that it thought that your music and video files were just "Other" files. I'd just downgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 and use that if you need your music and you don't want to risk the possibility of screwing up your iPod using Pluto's way, but its pretty much impossible to brick your iPod

Oh I missed your response sorry ignore what I said

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great! That sounds about right.

It shouldn't hurt. But I'd bet there's not much, if anything, in there since you only have ~200 MB labeled as "Other".

Are you able to properly add media to your iPod now?