1.1.3 + theme Dock/Icons without much hassle?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by theawddone, Jan 27, 2008.

1. theawddone

theawddone New Member

Hopefully this thread doesn't get buried too quickly, but as of right now, I do not see much of a reason to update to 1.1.3. One of the main reasons I like having my jailbroken iPoT is my custom dock and icons.

I have seen the multiple threads exclaiming you can change all of the applications icon's individually, which seems like a huge P.I.T.A. to be honest.

I have also seen mentions that Summerboard may work, just will not use themed wallpapers, does this mean only the icons work, or all features of the theme, except the wallpaper (including the dock) will work?

If anyone can provide some insight in regards to custom icons/docks on 1.1.3, would greatly appreciate it.
  2. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you can install SMBprefs and you can have custom icons through that without changing them individually. But thats the only thing you can change through summerboard, the theme dock or wallpaper wont work.
  3. yeah_boi

yeah_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey iceman you seem knowledgeable on the 1.1.3 subject, if i upgrade ill lose all my 3rd part apps right?
  4. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you wont necessarily move them but for some reason the apps get moved to a different place in the filesystem and there will be a new applications folder, you your old applications folder will just be taking up space. So, i would suggest restore all the way back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak to 1.1.2....and then to 1.1.3. And it's as time consuming as it may sound. But if you do decide to jailbreak 1.1.3, make sure you do it from 1.1.2 and not straight from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3.
  5. yeah_boi

yeah_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

alright ill do that. thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. blizma

blizma New Member

So, i have a freshly jailbroken 1.1.3. Fresh ipod, no apps.
    So i followed this tutorial how to get customize to work and SMBprefs, but where do i put the themes etc??? there are no folders exept ' lockdown ' in the library folder

Please Register or Log in to view images