1.1.3 SummerBoard themes problem

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by mlbplayer456, Feb 8, 2008.

1. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

2. Iruga360

Iruga360 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've been having the same thing happen its been driving me mad. In the end i fixed it by using cute FTP to get to the folder where the theme downloaded to making a new folder on the desk top move them to there, like your making your theme. Then copy them back and set them to 755 now they finally work. I know its a bit of a long winded way buts that how i got them working.
    Themes that i get from this site work fine i just drop them in the summerboard theme folder and there all good. It's only the ones from installer i have to move around.
  3. febern

febern New Member

Yes same here, if i download from installer, it does not work, i have to fix it manually via winscp

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Sieabah

Sieabah New Member

I think it's because the summerboard theme you downloaded is for 1.1.2 and not the 1.1.3 jailbreak.
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Install AlliPodHax symlink fix. This should do it. If it's still not working with this... SSH in and chmod all files of the theme to 755.
  6. bloodsplatter

bloodsplatter New Member

If you want to be sure, just SSH into you theme directory and type "chmod -r 755 *" (without the quotes). This should fix all themes currently installed.
  7. mastershane

mastershane New Member

I use CuteFTP... where do you type that!?
  8. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have to use "putty" or WinSCP's terminal (black home button).

You can use the terminal.app on your Touch, too, but for some reasons it won't work on some 1.1.3 Touches.
  9. bloodsplatter

bloodsplatter New Member

Nowhere, I was talking about SSH, not SFTP (subtle diffirence).
    On Windows you can use PuTTy to connect to your iPod's IP (port 22, account and password same as FTP). Then you end up in the BSD Kernel of your iPod. (That's hardcore sh*t, don't do it if you don't now it).

But I think you can right-click on the file or folder and set the permission that way as well.
    Permission 755 means the owner can read, execute, write, and the rest can read and execute (rest being group and other).

To get a "chmod -r 755 *" you should right-click the Themes folder and set the permissions (don't forget to indicate that your program should set permissions to all underlying folders and files as well).
  10. mastershane

mastershane New Member

And how do you do that

Please Register or Log in to view images