1.1.3 Summerboard theme wont change

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hoffster12, Jun 20, 2008.

1. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im running 1.1.3. All the summerboard permissions (and ive checked) are 755 and i have also installed the theme fix but summerboard doesnt change anything it just resprings my itouch. i heard that changing system/library/coreservices/springboard.app files all to 755 works but since i have never been able to get ssh to work, total commander doesnt have a feature to let you change permissions, and every time i use the squid file manager app to change them they dont stay changed, im sol.
    when i open summerboard the themses show up but when i chage them and respring nothings changed and the Default theme is till checked. Summerboard also says "Active" at the bottom. ive tried resetting and stuff but it doesnt work.
    any ideas?
  2. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

Try rebooting.
  3. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ive rebooted ive restored and tried again with this firmware using two different files so dont say delete the ipsw (spelling?) file and redownload it
    btw i used the latest iliberty+ to JB
    nothing works
    im starting to think nothign will work because i had same problem with 1.1.4
    im startign to want to go back to 1.1.1 because thats only firmware that seems to work for me but seeign as how jailbreakme.com doesnt work, again, im sol.
    unless any of you guys have some magical way of fixing this reoccuring problem
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I can send you a guide that has never failed if you like. Make sure you follow every step exactly!
  5. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

downgrade to 1.1.1 and come back I'll tell you how to jailbreak it.
  6. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you have pmed me your idisk tutorial thing and i found it very hard to use
    plus it had a lot of stuff i wasnt sure where to go, and one of the things it said to do was change coreservices/springboard.app stuff all to 755 which i cant do as i have stated above unless theres an alternate method
    if you could pinpoint where to go in the guide-very appreciated
    ok, once again ive looked through the guide and it says check bottom box to change everything in springboard.app folder to 755
    which i woulkd gladly do with squid file manager one by one for those like 200 files but it wont stay changed it just goes back to 644

ok im at 1.1.1
    thx for any help ive been going at this thing for days