1.1.3 sound issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by epqr, Jan 16, 2008.

1. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have just updated my ipod touch and bought the extra apps and now my ipod is all messed up. first when i tried to listen to my music after the update, i could almost only hear the melody ofm the track and not the singing plus the quality was really poor. first i asumed this was a hardware problem

so i connected my ipod to my pc, deleted all the music and put it back in. now the songs olny played for 2-5 seconds without any sound and then switched to the next song.

what do you think is beacuse of the update or is it a hardware problem? what happens if i restore my ipod now? will all my apps be deleted, i don't want to waste 20 bucks beacuse my ipod don't work.

please help
  2. pared

pared New Member

If you restore, you'll be fine. The apps won't disappear.
  3. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i restored my ipod and the apps where gone!! i had made an backup in itunes so i chose this and i should get my apps backp but no! the webclips are still there but all the ipone apps are gone

what can i do? pleeeeeeeeease help!!
  4. CoolMe

CoolMe New Member

Was it jail broken?

Your best off just starting fresh
  5. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no it was not jailbroken, it has been jailbroken but i removed it two weaks ago.

i tried to restore it, but then my new apps where gone. how can i get them back?
  6. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow! That's unfortunate. I certainly would hope you don't have to re-purchase the apps every time you restore your iPod. Maybe the iTunes Store remembers that you purchased them, and will allow you to install them again.

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/touchLandingPage
  7. bulldozer246

bulldozer246 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could always ask apple. Make the most out of that 20 bucks.
  8. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, the third time i tried to restore my apps came back

Please Register or Log in to view images

.. but i still have the sound problem. it's a little hard to explain, but the you can hear the voice of the singing. you can kind of hear the melody, but its really poor..

can this be beacuse of the update or is a hardware problem?
  9. nbx909

nbx909 New Member

did you try it with different headphones? it sounds like a hardware problem, ussually caused by something wrong with the headphones/headphones port. I've had this problem on my computer before and everytime it's something wrong with the headphones (and one time a little piece of plastic wrap got in the port).
    get some canned air and blow it in the port if it's not the headphones, then try apple.
  10. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes i have tried many different pairs, but no noe works.

Please Register or Log in to view images

but i can get the sound rigth if i hold the jack-plug and push it al little bit down, so it most be a hardware problem rigth?

i'll try to contact apple