1.1.3 Software answers please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by nascar3d, Jan 24, 2008.

1. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

SIGH, I have read through tons of this forum about the 1.1.3 and I can't sort through it all...

I had a jailbroken 1.1.2 16GB Touch and it was working perfectly, I inadvertanley upgraded to 1.1.3 and now I no longer have a jailbroken Touch 16GB, once the 1.1.3 was installed it killed everything and all my apps I had on it that was "jailbroken" apps...

The answers I have not found (a clear one anyways), is this:

1. Is there a way to jailbreak the 1.1.3 "safely like the 1.1.2 was?)

2. Should we all just bite the bullet and just get the $20 software upgrade (it had the main apps I used in jailbreak anyways..)...

3. Can you still "install" other apps without jailbreaking 1.1.3? For instance there was a Blackjack game, and a Text Editor, and Lybrinth, and such, will that work with the $20 Upgrade installed? Or do you HAVE to have a jailbroken Touch?

I know these answers are in this forum somewhere, but after searching and reading through for 3 hours and not finding a clearcut answer, I though I would just post and see if perhaps I can get direct and clear answers...

Thanks..
  2. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

Anyone? Someone surely has the answer...
  3. d00m42

d00m42 Member

be patient dude...
    1. i did it using the iphone method and it worked 100%
    2. i just did buy the 20 upgrade, it works fine with the jailbreak, and i wanted to examine the changes it makes
    3. no you need to jailbreak 1.1.3 for third party applications
  4. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

THanks for the answers... so I guess I need to find "How to Jailbreak 1.1.3 and then purchase the $20 apps "After I jailbreak?" or before I jailbreak? or does it make a difference?

The only really apps I want besides the ones in the $20 pack are Iphysics, and Balckjack, and Texteditor... that is all...

So is there a video or "Guide to Jailbreaking 1.1.3 yet that is easy to follow and understand?

Sorry for all the questions, still reading though TONS of posts here trying to find the answers and still coming up short...

Thanks for at least answering some of my questions...
  5. d00m42

d00m42 Member

i dont think there is a good video out yet, but you can just follow the regular iphone instructions. luckily for you, iphysics, blackjack, and texteditor all work on a jb 1.1.3. i bought the apps after i did it, but it makes no difference
  6. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

You don't happen to have a link to the JB instructions do you? I found some on Youtube, but I don't think those are the ones that I want to use... I would rather use the same one you did so I don't run into problems...

Thanks again for your help!