1.1.3 pro: doesn't lock when syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by B.Hardball, Jan 27, 2008.

1. B.Hardball

B.Hardball New Member

Something that I haven't seen anyone mention yet is that when syncing your 1.1.3 iPod with iTunes to say, restore your entire library, you can now access your iPod as normal. Definitely a great new feature.
  2. Trekky0623

Trekky0623 New Member

You can?

*Going to try*
  3. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Pics or it didn't happen. (Yes I am from Facepunch.)
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    um.... no you cant.
  5. B.Hardball

B.Hardball New Member

umm... yes I can. I click "sync" in iTunes and the iPod goes to the normal "syncing ipod" screen where you have to slide to unlock, but then that disappears after about 2 seconds and I can use the iPod freely while my music/videos/podcasts are being synced at the same time. I could take a photo of me holding me iPod next to the screen while it syncs, but seriously... there's not much point. I highly doubt that my iPod is the only one that does this...

FYI I did the official update and paid for the apps.
  6. B.Hardball

B.Hardball New Member

Interesting... I'm now syncing a new movie and it's not doing it... Maybe it only happens when syncing music?
  7. bgmrk

bgmrk New Member

i need some proof of this, can u make a vid.
  8. walrick

walrick New Member

Something is not quite right here, my iPod locks whenever and whatever I sync.
  9. B.Hardball

B.Hardball New Member

This is really bizarre. I just removed my songs from my iPod, sync lock screen. Then when I went to put them back on it went to the lock screen again.

The first time I was synced with iTunes after the upgrade, it definitely let me use my iPod as normal while putting ~15gig of music and movies onto it. The status bar in iTunes was constantly updating and after it was all finished, my iPod had everything on it, checked and tested and worked fine. Dammit, now that I've experienced this I want to do it again:/

Maybe just a one off bug?