1.1.3 Prep on News

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ZombieKiller, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I was watching the news today, and they announced there had already been viruses for it... I was interested in watchng it...

When it was on, it said that there had been a malware download for iPhones (iPods too I guess...) called 1.1.3 Prep that currupted files on the iPhone, and had then messed the iPhone up...

Everyone should know about this already... but its just funny that they would announce it on the news... also since you need jailbreak to be able to download...

P.S

This was in the bay area... did anyone see this?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

yea wasnt it that jmwiki sh*t, so much 4 the news about a week after its out there?? plus jailbreaking is supposed to be this sh*t "frowned" upon so im surprised they did a story on it...
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Breaking News... Bush declared winner in 2004 election, film at 11!

Wow, it must have been a really slow news day.
  4. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dont even bother getting it yet untill you know its ok
  5. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    heck yea man I'm not getting 1.1.3 right away like I did as soon as the 1.1.2 jailbreak came out. It was so buggy I ended up restoring like 15 times before they came out with that second version of it that fixed that spinning circle thing
  6. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

That's weird. You should have tivo'ed it!
  7. God__

God__ New Member

The "spinning circle thing" has been discussed. It had nothing to do with the Jailbreak. You would have still gotten it on your upgrade to 1.1.1, or even 1.1 for that matter. Stop blaming the JailBreak for something you failed to prepare for.

It's as if someone should have had a sticky up warning people about the Spinning Wheel of Death, and how to avoid it. Oh wait, there was a sticky, and it was posted right next to the 1.1.2 Jailbreak instructions.