1.1.3. posts are flooding the site

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by plg6067, Jan 16, 2008.

1. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

1.1.3. posts are flooding the site and making the severs busy and making the site messy. There are many new threads that are repeats ex. 20$? omg!
    We have many new visitors and members which means an influx of pointless threads.

Solution? totally deleted all these repeated threads, and 90% of all 1.1.3. threads..
    just make sure all important stuff is stickied
    give people who are posting sh*ty threads/Posts warnings

click new posts and look at the crap, i just did and the latest one was a question about macbook air that could be answered at apple.com and the second one was someone whining about 1.1.3. and about 5 of the other recent posts were crap also..

Please please please delete this stuff
    thank you!
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    there is a reason there is a TEMPORARY 1.1.3 section that I added. we will choose what to keep and what to delete from that section once the storm dies down.
  3. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    so now what happened? we just lost like '700' people and things seem to be running smoothly?
  4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    the "active user sessions" data is kept in a temporary table in the database that is valid for 15 minutes.

i was just tweaking the database server so i had to restart it. the user number will climb again.
  5. plg6067

plg6067 New Member