1.1.3 maybe coming tomorrow!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Nevermind42592, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevermind42592

Nevermind42592 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So as most of you know, Macworld kicks off tomorrow with Steve Jobs keynote. It is expected he will be announcing the new 1.1.3 firmware, and there has been much speculation as to whether it can brick or not. There are multiple ways to make sure that neither iTunes or your iPod get updated.

First, if you want to make sure you won't get bricked (this isn't very likely but has been rumored), best thing to guarentee that it won't happen is to restore tonight or tomorrow before the keynote. Knowing Apple, they push out new software/hardware ASAP even if it means as the keynote is going on.

Second, you can download a 1.1.2 update file to restore with then disable your internet connection and then find out what the effect is of the updates (check off someone's wifi or at a friends house or library etc.) and then once you've found out whether or not it has negative effects, you can either restore with the file that you downloaded previously or you can just turn it back on if its safe.

Third, just don't sync to itunes or update itunes.

Noone has ANY idea what this update may bring, and I highly doubt it'd autoupdate, but its always safe to take precautions incase Apple does something unexpectedly.

As for me, i'm restoring tonight just so I'm safe from it and plus I really don't have a ton of stuff on my ipod thats jailbroken so its nbd. Even with these precautions, I can't guarentee them. So good luck and happy jailbreaking/ errrr... restoring? (psh)
  2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    4 - don't update your ipod touch when iTunes says an update is available

Sheesh - it's not a FORCED upgrade.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

Or you can just not update if you don't want.

EDIT: Yeah^ he beat me too it. And all 1.1.3 rumors are all speculation. (for the touch.)
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm debating on doing this still. Probably not though, Apple wouldnt even try this.
  5. Bennoo

Bennoo New Member

6. ollie77

ollie77 New Member

batten down the hatches!
  7. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    but still what if apple made the only thing you can update to or restore to is 1.1.3. plus some people have that apple software that'll autoupdate itunes. This could disable shift+click and people would have to update to 1.1.3 and be stuck with a brick. I'm not saying this will happen, but I'm just explaining possibilities.
  8. d. anthony

d. anthony New Member

So, you're telling me, if I don't restore my ipod tonight, and the update is an automatic update, it could brick my ipod, if it is jailbroken?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thats sucks. I just put the 1.1.2 jailbrake on my ipot and on my wifes this past saturday.

I dont think I'll restore because my computer cant download anything without my permission. So, I dont think I have anything to worry about. At least I hope.

I type a little to slow, the other guys answered my question.
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok I almost made a new thread about this. We need to try to hit Apple's servers again, we did this and found the 1.1.2 firmware before it was announced, chances are that it will show up tonight or it may already be there idk. Also I would definetly expect the new firmware to be released because the features shown in the gearlive leak video didn't seem faked, so hypothetically, if those are real features they are big enough to go along with the h
    MWSF hype.
  10. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Once again, its not likely that it will happen, but just to be sure, it may be a good idea just so you don't have a $400 brick.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.