1.1.3 Maps Search Contacts not Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by milhousen, Jan 28, 2008.

  1. milhousen

    milhousen New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2007
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have noticed an issue with Maps on 1.1.3. If you select a contact using the address book button in the search field, it always returns "No search results found" I'm using an address that worked on 1.1.2 and the iPhone apps, not the purchased Touch versions.

    Is anyone else having this problem?
  2. milhousen

    milhousen New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2007
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Could someone check this functionality on their Touch w/ iPhone apps please?

    Thanks
  3. comthre3

    comthre3 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2008
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    is your wifi on when you do so? and do you have the correct spelling of the street and all?
  4. milhousen

    milhousen New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2007
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    The wireless is on. I can move around the maps manually. These addresses worked in 1.1.2. I've tried it on two diferent wireless networks also.
  5. trigg3r

    trigg3r New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    Messages:
    86
    Likes Received:
    1
    I think that they changed the algorithm a little bit. All my contacts worked before. now, i have some that don't.

    Double check your contacts too. Some of my contacts had US as country after the re-sync.
  6. 1337chaos

    1337chaos Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2007
    Messages:
    1,375
    Likes Received:
    26
    Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i found the problem. for some reason, the directions can only be searched for if you're using "Map" view. any other view returns "no results found" turn the view to Map, search, and then switch back to another view.
  7. milhousen

    milhousen New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2007
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    didn't work for me ... Still getting "no results found"

    Any other ideas? Thanks for the reply.
  8. wonderroom

    wonderroom New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
  9. milhousen

    milhousen New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2007
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Looks like a cahnge on Google's end. I went back to 1.1.2 and its going it there now too. The country fix works. Thanks
  10. jlamarp

    jlamarp New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    1
    Also, with v1.1.3 the County setting must be "United States".

    The "United States of America" country setting will not work. Which sucks because that seems to be the default county setting for Microsoft Outlook.

    Hope this gets fixed with the next firmware update.

Share This Page