1.1.3 Maps problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by notredewey, Jan 27, 2008.

1. notredewey

notredewey New Member

So I finally got around to jailbreaking my touch today using iJailbreak. Everything went fine and it installed all the iphone apps for me. The locate me feature wasn't working so I tried installing Maps through iPhone 1.1.3 Apps in installer (yes I dl the maps prep as well). After this, when I click on Maps it opens then closes right away. I then deleted it from installer (leaving a blank spot where the icon used to be), and tried reinstalling the iPhone apps through iJailbreak and it didn't do anything to restore my maps. Anyone have any suggestions to get this working again? Thanks.
  2. notredewey

notredewey New Member

Bump, bump
  3. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

i was having the same problems but the only way to fix it is by re-jailbreaking all over again its the only way so far to fix . im sorry for the news =(
  4. notredewey

notredewey New Member

Ok thanks for your help. For some reason I can instal 1.1.2 maps and everything works fine. But when trying 1.1.3 it just crashes.
  5. van71

van71 New Member

6. mast3rpyr0

mast3rpyr0 New Member

it wont always find you, the wifi your connected to must be in apples database or it wont find you so chances are it was working before.
  7. notredewey

notredewey New Member

Thanks everyone for your help, and to van71 for the link. That did the trick, I just replaced my gmm.framework and installed the 1.1.3 maps.
  8. nandihno

nandihno New Member

nop it didnt work for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

i installed the gmm.framework and the mail thingy..
    and re-install maps..and the same thing..after opening it it closes on me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Mr Power

Mr Power New Member

How did it work in detail? The zip contains a few files. Wich one do I have to copy where on the iPod? Also it only contains an English InfoPlist.strings file. Any chance this will work on a German touch? If not, where can I find a German one?

THX
  10. notredewey

notredewey New Member

All I did was moved the GMM folder into whatever it says in the readme. Thats all I did with that, then just reinstalled maps 1.1.3 from installer. However, I now have a newer problem. All of a sudden I got the screen to connect to iTunes. When plugging it in I get an error. Whats going on now? Do I have to do a restore? I still have ssh access to it but thats it.