1.1.3 Mail issue with IMAP

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by orion2020, Jan 28, 2008.

1. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

I have setup my standard 3 imap account that I have always used. Worked great.

Using elite teams 1.1.3 jailbreak and noticing that mail.app is not working.

I have the accounts all setup, and when I open mail, it shows the mail on the server as it should. Issue is that it is continuously checking for new mail and it won't do anything else. I delete an email, and it just pops back into the list.

I've tried re-adding the accounts, and turning them on one at a time, but all do the same thing, just checking for new mail and thats is.

Suggestions?
  2. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this happened to me too!
    i am using the ipod elite's team off ipodtouchmaster's repo
    my mail says checking mail and then does nothing...
    any fixes?
  3. zzilch

zzilch New Member

I have the EXACT same problem with my mail. I also used the elite jailbreak. It actually worked for a few hours but then it started behaving exactly as you described. I have tried deleting the account and re-setting it up, resetting network settings, installing and uninstalling all "mailfixes" that I see in installer but nothing works to fix the problem.

This may have nothing to do with it, but the problem started on or around the time I re-synched in iTunes.

I am crossing my fingers that there is a solution to this other than re-jailbreaking. I would give anything to avoid restoring/downgrading/upgrading/re-jailbreaking/re-synching everything again. Everything else with the jailbreak is perfect.
  4. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

for sure, forgot to mention that myself. Worked fine for a while, but something changed and now no mail.

Not sure if it was something I installed or when I sync'd my music and vids
  5. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I also tried changing all the permissions on the mail app to 755 but I don't think that's the problem cause it still didn't fix it =(
  6. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

I removed all apps so basically im back to the same way i was just after jailbreaking.

No go.
  7. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got the solution! First go to private/VAR/mobile/mail and back up all the files in there. Then go ahead and delete them. Start mail and it should work perfectly! ( I said to back it up just in case somthin goes wrong) well go ahead and try and post back with results!
  8. rollexus1

rollexus1 New Member

It works! Any explanation as to what may have been the the issue?
  9. zzilch

zzilch New Member

Oh sweet lord above, it worked for me as well!!! Thank you! You have saved me a from a lot of frustration that would have involved re-jailbreaking without even knowing if it would fix the problem. I'll remember this in case the problem happens again since it's a pretty quick fix--resetting up my account is a lot faster than resetting my whole ipod.

I don't know if the issue had anything to do with iTunes sync or not, but if it happens again, we'll be closer to finding out.
  10. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you had 1.1.2 mail installed, in some cases the maildb isn't liked so much by 1.1.3's mail, and depending on how you got to 1.1.3 jb those old files will still be hanging around.

It will look like it works, but various odd things will crop up. Nuking all the 1.1.2 prefs/db files for mail does the trick.