[1.1.3 JB] Small prob. Language Settings.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by armano, Feb 15, 2008.

1. armano

armano New Member

Hi y'all,

So i got this little going on what kinda suprised me..
    This evening i found 'kB' in Installer telling me it would create an option/feature in/to my settings to put autocorrection on or off..
    When searching for this 'feature' i thought going to 'Settings > General > International' where i'd expected to find it.

Anyhow, the only thing i found was a grey background.
    As in.. My 'International' settings etc. are gone!

I'm from Holland but i had my Touch's language set to English beacause of the (Great) English theme's that i Love to use!
    Well, English will not really be a problem as my English is good !enough! to have lots of fun with my Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

But it kinda bugs me having a grey International 'menu'..

My first reaction was to delete/uninstall the kB app/feature and so i did.
    Thinking this would be the obvious badguy, but still, even with reboot etc, the menu shows grey, grey.. and.. like the weather in Holland..Grey!

Eventhough i am not 100% sure it's the kb thingy.

Searched the forums, and couldn't find anything useful yet.
    Maybe, if there is a thread or post with the/a solution (other than RESTORE) i would love to hear it.
    For now...... Please help how to get my 'International' Settings back

Tried to make myself as clear as possible, hopeing u can understand my Dutchy English

Great Forum, keep it up!
  2. armano

armano New Member

My thread's dissapearing between all those Ziphone threads

3. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Hmm... That's weird. I used that in 1.1.2 and it's actually in the keyboard menu. What 1.1.3 jailbreak did you use? Maybe it wasn't the kB install that did it.
  4. armano

armano New Member

Well I indeed doubted my 'eh,option' thinking it was the kb program thingy, and I realized it could have been occured after my jailbreak..
    I jailbroke my Touch with aDutch website,downgrading it all back to 1.1.1 then install oktoprep etcetc, don't know if you are familiar with this kind of jailbreak
  5. armano

armano New Member

And to put things straight I really, really hope I do not have RESTORE and start all over again

6. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

First thing's first; sync your ipod, disconnect it, then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

Then check if the international settings menu works. Then connect your iPod to your computer, open iTunes, and "Set Up Your iPod" again. All your settings will come back, but you will have to re-add any ROMs etc. you added yourself.
  7. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Possibility

I'm pretty sure if you replace the Preferences.app in your Applications folder, from another 1.1.3 iPod, and you set the permissions right, your problem would be fixed. Here's the catch though Apple has that code copyrighted so sharing the App is illegal, and I'm pretty sure that on this forum your not allowed to post links to copyrighted material. So have someone pm or email you the link, or the file (I can't I currently have upgraded to 1.1.3 official and am desparetly waiting for either Ziphone or ijailbreak to work on a 16 gb iPod touch.)
  8. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

How is that going to fix it, if I remember right the settings files are somewhere in /var. Edit: and so is the content.
  9. armano

armano New Member

Well, i also tried to Reset all my settings and it didn't work so far.
    Must say that i did not synced my iPod first as you said Whosthatrandom.
    But i don't think that'll make the difference.. or.. ?!

And if there is someone who can send me the right preferences etc through a link or mail please do so.
    Would be Great!
  10. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member