1.1.3 JB question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Exosion, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    is the ibrickr supposed to take a long time to verify the device? Mine's been saying "Checking your phone" for nearly 10 minutes.
  2. luigispinal

luigispinal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes it takes long.. but you are trying to jailbreak an iphone or a touch??
  3. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    itouch. (10 char limit)
  4. d00m42

d00m42 Member

well i started the process and i am currently downloading the iphone firmware. i h ave a touch, although i am following skylar's method which involves ibrickr and then a command:

5. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well I'm on a jb'ed 1.1.2 meaning I used the oktoprep. Should I downgrade? Also, how do I use the iphone firmware on my ipod? Basically, explain step 3.
  6. d00m42

d00m42 Member

i upgraded from my 1.1.2 jb'd oktoprep'd ipod, without downgrading or anything. if you download ibrickr special 1.1.3 version, then you basically plug in your ipod and follow the on screen instructions, and basically substitute phone for ipod. skylar however has implemented this new command which i am trying to figure out what it does

now ibrickr is uploading the patched 1.1.3 image to my ipod, it says "this could take a while" and so far its smooth, i will keep posting about it
  7. ficho

ficho New Member

You don't use it on your ipod, the ibrickr uses it to extract some files so it can upgrade and jailbreak your ipod
  8. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

no, its supposed to do that for about 2 seconds. check your usb conection.
  9. d00m42

d00m42 Member

well heres the moment of truth, ibrickr went smoothly and i am installing the 1.1.3 soft upgrade package in installer... drumroll please... so far in installer, it is stuck at "installing package" in the middle of the progress bar, i will wait a little though, has anyone else had it do this?
  10. inpala

inpala New Member

Lol it will probably work, but you will be stuck with all of the iPhone icons, and sh*t for now lol

Please Register or Log in to view images