1.1.3 jb Calendar and Maps not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by JerryofWV, Feb 14, 2008.

1. JerryofWV

JerryofWV New Member

I used ipodtouchmaster's 1.1.3 jail break for my iPod Touch. I got everything working except for Calendar and Maps. They open and immediately close.

Please help......
  2. Aaronbfunk

Aaronbfunk New Member

I had a very similar problem I noticed immediately after launching Mail the 2nd time after jailbreaking to 1.1.3. I noticed that when I set up my Mail account it downloaded all my e-mail AOK, but when launched any time after the initial setup, the Mail would download but it would not be visible.

After using ipodtouchmaster's technique to get SummerBoard working in 1.1.3 I had the exact same problem with Mail. I would launch it, it'd flash the screen to chose your e-mail provider then quit.

I SSHed into the /private/var/mobile/Library/ directory and noticed that Mail was one of the few programs that had the user name/owner of "root" instead of "mobile" for the it's data directory. When I changed the owner of the Mail data directory to mobile it launched AOK and solved my other problem of not saving the new mail.

The command I used to fix Mail, should work for this as well. I used WinSCP, right clicked on a folder and hit enter Custom Command. I imagine the same command in Putty would work as well. This is what worked for me: chown mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Mail

So if you change Mail to Maps and Calendar that should fix it.

chown mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Maps
    chown mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Calendar

Let me know if that works!

aaronbfunk
  3. JerryofWV

JerryofWV New Member

1.1.3 map and calendar not working

aaronbfunk

I used cuteftp pro and looked at my applications like you said. The only two with "root" as the owner were Big Boss and Catagories.

I could not figure out how to change them to see if it made a difference.

Also, do you know if all permissions should be 755? I right clicked on the folders and checked properties and most were set at 755 but not all of them.

Thanks for trying to help. As you can see you are the only one to reply.

Jerry