1.1.3 JB Breaks Dashbuster?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Katarn, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Katarn

Katarn New Member

So now that I JB'd to 1.1.3 Dashbuster crashes when I try to search for a movie and in my queue images won't show up. I have a feeling it has something to do with the whole Bosstools moving the apps thing.

Does that sound plausible? Any ideas or suggestions?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mine crashes when i search, but I can add movies to my queue.

And I didn't use bosstools.
  3. Katarn

Katarn New Member

okay yea that's exactly what mine is doing. Did you use another method of moving the apps to a different partition or have you not done that?
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't do anything yet.
  5. Katarn

Katarn New Member

hmm well I guess it isn't fully 1.1.3 compatible yet...

Anybody with JB 1.1.3 and with Dashbuster fully working?
  6. danman

danman New Member

I have the same problem with images in the queue not showing up. Where are these images stored? Is it possible that the permissions need to be reset to the folder where the images are stored as dashbuster may not have write access to this location?

As far as the search feature, I've got no ideas as to the cause on that.
  7. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Mine is working like a champ. Couldnt tell you how I got it to work if I did something in specific. I did create a symbolic link between the Libraries in root and mobile, same for the applications.
  8. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yep...do wat the above poster has done..that will fix all ure problems..there are still some apps which are forced into the old root. Which is the reason why customize didnt work for a while
    however now, most of the apps have been adapted to work on all firmwares including 1.1.3. so just create a symlink between the two libraries, root and mobile.
  9. khalaan

khalaan New Member

I hate to be a pain, but I just want to verify when you say creating a symlink between the Libraries in root and mobile are we talking ln -s /var/root/Library /var/mobile/ or when you say root are you referring to / (I've been a UNIX user for easily 19 years now but this unfortunately left some ambiguous terms out there).
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    khalaan, "ln -s /var/root/Library /var/mobile/Library" is the correct method. You are more skilled in UNIX than I but I added /private/ to mine. ln -s private/var/root/Library private/var/mobile/Library