1.1.3 jalbroken and rented movies?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Dam That River, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Dam That River

Dam That River New Member

Hi,
    I just made my 1.1.2 jalbroken iPod into a 1.1.3 jailbroken iPod with the 1.1.3 JailBreak (DEV TEAM). Can I watch rented movies (at iTunes) on it now?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance.
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Go into the iTunes app and play a preview of any old song (or two, just to be sure), or play one of the songs you've downloaded from iTunes that aren't in the iTunes Plus format (i.e. not DRM-encoded). If they play (and they should, if you've used the non-bug-ridden Dev Team Jailbreak), then yes, the Movie Rentals will play.

I can't give you any guarantees on this, but I do know that if DRM encoded Music won't play, Movie Rentals certainly won't.
  3. exit98

exit98 New Member

rentals not working on jailbroken 1.1.3

rentals will start too sync, but as soon as it looks like it's finished transferring to the itouch, i get an error saying that iTunes couldn't connect to the itunes store, and it cancels the transfer. but my internet connection is fine, i can manually open up the store and access my account information. Any ideas? I've trying going back down to 1.1.1 and jailbreaking my way back to 1.1.3 with no luck. There are so many 1.1.3 jailbreak options out there now, that I don't know which is legitimate or not.

-exit98
  4. ccmn

ccmn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The softupgrade for 1.1.3 seems to not work with rentals. I had to restore in iTunes to 1.1.3 to watch the movie.