1.1.3 Jailbreak Only With a computer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by andree, Jan 31, 2008.

1. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there a method to jailbreak only with a computer, since my access to Wi-Fi is quite limited.

Ive tried searching, but no results, if theres a topic about this, sorry, can you give me the URL.

Thanks.
  2. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

There have been like 2 or 3, I think. At this time I do not have a direct link. I'll look for one but you could go to youtube.com and look it up there. You could search "ipodtouchmaster" on youtube and he'll have one in his profile.
  3. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Oh ok. I am not sure about Jailbreaks but there are some softupgrades that you can do, but you have to have WiFi and SSH.
  4. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Wait... You mean a program like you could jailbreak 1.1.2 with and the old way to jailbreak 1.1.1 with. Right?
  5. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks a lot, im looking at the ipodtouchmaster videos right now!

Much appreciated, so you dont think theres a jailbreak which doesnt require Wi-Fi at all, or just for a small download via WI-Fi?
  6. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

To be honest. I have no clue. The one your looking for right now you just download it off of installer and stuff like that with no work. But i just remember something. wow I am so stupid. There is one program called iBrkr. That is like the 1.1.2 jailbreak but I heard that it isnt that good.
  7. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

If you use Nate True's method, then all the downloading and patching is done on your computer, then all you have to do is download one small file and let it install.

But there's plenty of bugs with it, when used on the iPod touch.

I suppose you could also rewrite the dev team manual jailbreak script, so instead of downloading the firmware file from apple, it downloads from your computer. To do that, you'd need to install a program on your computer that acts as a miniature web server.

Or.... you could install one of the web server apps from Installer, then place the firmware file in the correct folder, then rewrite the install script to download from there.
  8. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Could you maybe do a bit more specification on that, that would be great, so I have a 1.1.1 jailbroken iPod, quite a lot of apps (I know I'll lose them), and Total Commander for the File managing on the iPod, what should I do, so it does what you seuggested.

Thanks
  9. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bump...

Please help!
  10. MacBam

MacBam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Kinda funny that there is no way jailbreaking 1.1.2 with no computer and no way jailbreaking 1.1.3 with a computer

Please Register or Log in to view images

(except for buggy iBrickr)