1.1.3 Jailbreak Methods (work in progress)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by OrBiTaL, Feb 3, 2008.

1. OrBiTaL

OrBiTaL New Member

There's a complete confusion about the Jailbreak methods out there, so I'm making this thread to make the things more organized.

In this first post I'll organize all methods and versions with links to the respective guides, categorizing by OS, bugs, etc, plus info on how to get the "new" apps for the iPod Touch.

[ Windows ]
    • Dev Team's "Unofficial" ? (Still don't know the name): First 1.1.3 Jailbreak method avaible. It uses a patched version of iBrickr to download the patch, the firmware upgrade (optional, you can point it at your disk) and to put it inside the device. A second step is needed to be done by installing a small package with iPod/iPhone's Installer app.
      • Features:
        • First method avaiable
        • Download all the needed files: The patches and the update IPSW file (directly from Apple)
      • Requirements:
        • A 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken device, but some people had problems upgrading from 1.1.1.
        • A WiFi connection for the second step.
        • Some hundreds of megabytes of free storage in your device for the installation, just like the other methods. Needs to install a package to clean some temp files after jailbreaking (Also found on Installer.app). Actually this package is just a script to clean the files, it can be unistalled right after being installed.
      • Bugs/Problems:
        • The mail app might not store your password. There's a package at Installer app that corrects it.
        • All the packages used in the process are stored at Ste's repo, which has been offline with some frequency lately. Actually I had to wait some hours to finish my installation because his server was offline.
      • Links:
        • Guide (missing)
        • Download (missing)
    • Dev Team's "Official": I still don't know if it's a windows or mac version and if has a gui version. I'll update this tomorrow.
      • Features:
        • ???
      • Requirements:
        • ???
      • Bugs/Problems:
        • ???
      • Links:
        • ???

[ Mac OS ]
    I don't have a mac, neither installed the PC hacked version, so I'll need some help with these ones.
    • iJailBreak: "iJailBreak is an automated jailbreaker for your iPod Touch or iPhone licensed under the GNU General Public License v2, and written by 13-year-old AriX. The current desktop branch of iJailBreak, 0.4.x, currently only works on Intel machines."
      • Features:
        • Works on Tiger and Leopard
        • Curently under development (don't know if the author has focused at the Mobile version)
        • It's developed by a 13-year-old guy
      • Requirements:
        • A Intel Mac (PPC version on ToDo list)
        • A 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken device.
        • WiFi ??
        • Some hundreds of megabytes of free storage in your device for the installation.
      • Bugs/Problems:
        • ???
      • Links:

[ iPod / iPhone ]
    • iJailBreakMobile: Made by iJailBreak's team. Is this the same one as the one at iPodtouchmaster's repo ?
      • Features:
        • ???
      • Requirements:
        • A WiFi connection
        • A lot of battery
        • Set the auto-lock to "never" ?
      • Bugs/Problems:
        • ???
      • Links:
        • ???

I'll try to keed this post updated as soon as possible. Any help, suggestion, correction or missing info would be apreciated !
    1 person likes this.