1.1.3 Jailbreak + iPhone apps bug report thread

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by crizh4x, Jan 28, 2008.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What I want you guys to do is post issues (not u screaming at us) with our jailbreak. If your issue is already posted, don't double post. tonight we will be trying out a new version (if we can get it made up tonight) hopefully with bug fixes. I am also contemplating the option of adding widely desired apps to the jailbreak such as SSH and customize etc.

so what u should do is label your post as either a bug/suggestion/ or an app request
    if we I get more than 20 app requests for the same App, I will propose it to the team to add it.

for example, I have a bug I want to report:

Start post:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUG: Installer keeps crashing

Description: when I open installer, I get a strange icon with a paintbrush etc. (this is the Application's folder icon in osx)

tryed fixes: Changing permission - didn't work

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    end post.

anyway, u might also want to post things that have fixed your Errors

We are just watching this thread, we arent responding yet
  2. lalaw

lalaw New Member

BUG: Installer loads, but crashes when installing an application

Description: Installer opens fine, application is downloaded. Once the install process begins, Installer quits to SpringBoard

Tried fixes: Tried to install BossTools to move Apps to media partition, but was unable to complete this task. I do suspect it is a partition space issue.
  3. darkphan

darkphan New Member

The crashing IS a space issue on the / filesystem. It seems that with the dev's jailbreak, the / filesystem is only 280mb instead of the 300mb it should be. So after you jailbreak you are not left with very much space at all. It is recommended that right after you jailbreak, you immediately install bosstool 0.35 and move the applications.

I suspect the dev's are hard at work at revising their jailbreak. So I will assume that there will be a new one sometime soon that fixes this issue.
  4. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

Same bug/problem

Tried Fixes: Tried to install the BossTools as well, but I don't even have enough space for that. I have nothing else installed (Community Sources, BSD SubSystem, and Installer is ALL that I have installed)
  5. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ipod Touch continues to go into restore mode when plugged into iTunes 1/3 times I do so. I have to independence it to get it back to normal.
  6. fred7

fred7 New Member

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!! the installer keeps crashing I cannot install anything is there a way to Fix this and not going down to 1.1.1 I have being done 3 restores and ending with the same problem.
  7. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    were makin a clean up to fix this issue
  8. luckybull16

luckybull16 New Member

my mail app won't update right. it'll say i have an email and when i read it, it won't say that i've read it and it won't delete it. It won't pick up any new emails either.
  9. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If Installer keeps crashing, uninstall some apps, install BossTool version .35 from the sleepers.net repo (don't remember the end part of it) and then click on "move applications" and then you can install all the apps you want,

You need the Installer.app fixed version, set permissions to 4755, and once you get BossTools to move applications you can get as many apps as you want.
  10. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OK, I am testing a cleaner NOW that will solve almost all of these problems with installer!!