1.1.3 Jailbreak FAQ

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by tsice19, Jan 24, 2008.

1. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

This FAQ is referring to the Unofficial Jailbreak 1.1.3 that was leaked.

Q: Is the 1.1.3 Jailbreak legitament?
    A: No, it is not. It was leaked by a member of the iPod touch dev team. Also, it is iPhone only, however it had been reported to work on the iPod touch.

Q: Should I try to install it?
    A: I wouldn't recommend doing so. It contains illegal files and could mess up your iPod. Let's put it this way: I refuse to go near it.

Q: So what should I do?
    A: In my opinion, wait for the official jailbreak of 1.1.3. It will be legal and easier to run. I'm probably not going to jailbreak as I am happy with an un-jail-broken iPod touch that has the January Software Upgrade.

Q: When will the official version be released?
    A: Well, just in case you don't know, it was supposed to be released sometime around the SDK release. Now that an unfinished iPhone version was released, the official one may be released sooner.

Q: Can you get the January Software Upgrade for free by jailbreaking 1.1.3?
    A: Personally, I do not know as of now. You probably can, but, it is illegal. Let's put it this way (again): I refuse to go near it. I do not break the law. So, don't try to get around it. Either pay the $20 bucks or don't get the upgrade. It's that simple.

Q: Is it legal?
    A: No! It's not! That's why I'm not going to use it! For more info, see second half of post below.

__--**For 2nd half of FAQ look at the next post**--__
  2. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

I wrote this FAQ as it seems some people don't understand what's going on with the 1.1.3 Jailbreak.

You may be wondering how this is illegal. Simple.
    Read the "January 24, 2008: Dev Team Member Gone Rouge, Unauthorized Release" post on
    this website: http://www.zdziarski.com/. It explains everything about the 1.1.3 unauthorized release.

If you do try to jailbreak 1.1.3, keep in mind I'm not supporting you in any way, and you are breaking federal law.

Sources: http://www.zdziarski.com/
  3. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

Can you explain how is the Jailbreak 1.1.3 breaking the law? I'm not arguing, I'm just curious.
  4. Mahmoud

Mahmoud New Member

Can you please explain why this jailbreak is illegal as opposed to one that will eventually be released?
  5. thebusdriver

thebusdriver New Member

this jailbreak containts copyrighted files by apple
  6. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Yeah I just updated it so it explains the legality of it.

I'm actually really surprised no one has made an FAQ for this yet. So I made one.
  7. Mahmoud

Mahmoud New Member

Thank you for the explanation.

Either way, i was going to wait till this frenzy dies off a bit and we get an OFFICIAL release... And an easier jailbreak.
  8. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

It's not even worth it. From what I understand half of the apps don't even work.
  9. lvlln

lvlln New Member

I don't think people are looking to be preached to when they look at a FAQ...
  10. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Don't you get the apps for free if you bought your iPod after Dec. 27th '07?