1.1.3 internal clock issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by moose21, Feb 1, 2008.

1. moose21

moose21 New Member

I recently updated to the new 1.1.3 firmware, and for the most part everything has been working great. The only major issue I have encountered is regarding the internal time keeping of the iPod. The time is exactly six hours ahead of my central time zone. When I set the time back to where it is supposed to be, the time stamp for each of the emails I send (using the email application) is subsequently 6 hours behind. Even when I do change the time, it is automatically changed back when I plug my iPod into my computer (and the time on my computer is correct). The time zone is also set correctly into my iPod settings.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. RedBooster

RedBooster New Member

Same exact problem for me.

Everytime I go into Regional Settings, it is set to New York on my computer so I reset it to Toronto, yet it still goes back to New York when I re-plugin.

Anybody know of a fix??
  3. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

i seen a fix in installer for that
  4. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Install BigBoss' Experimental/Beta Sources or something like that, and there's a fix.
  5. moose21

moose21 New Member

I installed the bigboss experiment source, but I was unable to find the fix you guys are mentioning.
  6. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just an observation - when you plug your ipod into your computer, the ipod's internal clock syncs with your computer. so check the time on you computer just to rule out that option.
  7. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    try restoring to factory settings (the first one in the list when you go to restore so you don't loose media) a coupla times and then sync. see what happens
  8. moose21

moose21 New Member

As stated, the time in my computer is correct.

Ali-Restoring to factory defaults is kind of a last resort.

If anybody knows more about the supposed fix in the installer, I'd be thankful to hear it.
  9. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    add trejan.com/irepo to your sources. Go to tweaks (1.1.3) and install the time zone fix
  10. moose21

moose21 New Member

Not there :-/