1.1.3 Installer problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by VViper, Jan 28, 2008.

1. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Everything was fine after the jailbreak. I could install properly but now for some reason when I tapped install it downloads the package and starts installing it but before its done Installer closes and it goes to the springboard. I tried a few times, each time the same thing, installer crashing. I then restarted my ipod but then when i tap installer it opens but closes straight away.

I thought it might be space so I ssh into the ipod and deleted a few apps. Rebooted and tried again. Same thing, it closed as soon as it opened.

So what would be really useful is if someone could upload the Installer.app folder with the all the files in it so i can replace the one on my ipod and see if that works.

Any ideas are much appreciated but if someone could upload the Installer.app folder for me that would be great so I can check it.

Edit: I just checked my old 1.1.2 backup files and in the Installer.app folder I go to the Apptap Framework folder the file AppTapp is 120.61 KB where as in my 1.1.3 Installer.app>AppTappFramework the AppTapp file is 0 bytes.

Installer has been working fine since 1.1.3. The install was fine.

So please could someone upload their Installer.app from the Applications folder. Thanks.
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

You could have Searched. Nearly everyone has had this problem......

Click the Link in my sig......
  3. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks I'll try that. I had searched but all the descriptions didn't quite fit what was happening to me. I don't want to use a fix I don't need but seeing as if you seem to be saying that it is the same problem I will try the fix. Thanks very much.

Oh I had already bookmarked you thread anyway. Thanks.