1.1.3 help with customize/summerboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by ReidPenny, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ReidPenny

ReidPenny New Member

Ok so I finally jailbroke 1.1.3 and everything works great except for summerboard and customize... I know, everyone has problems with these but I seem to be having a different kind of problem. Let's start with customize... I can't access it. Plain and simple. Every time it stays on that spicy chicken screen for about a minute and then sends me back to the home screen. Yes I tried reinstalling it but no good. Any help? Next is summerboard. The default themes that it comes with work to perfection but those are pretty lame so naturally I wanted to download a new one. I don't know if these work or not because once they are downloaded, they don't show up in my themes list under smb prefs. They are nowhere to be found. I would really love some help with either or both of these problems. Thanks
  2. chucktwelve

chucktwelve New Member

kay
    these are common problems and if yu seached them yu would find them on the first page but im not busy right now so ill help yu anyways

With customize either tap the screen rapidly for a minute or so and it should open
    if that doesnt work SSH into yur ipod and change the customize apps permission to 755
    or if that doesnt work install skylers version of customize. im useing acctully cause i find it to work better than the origial

For Summer board yu have to SSh into yur ipod and navigate to
    /private/var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes
    and copy the themes yu want and paste them in
    /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

dont forget to change the themes permission

hope this helped

Chuck.
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Well, for Customize, I don't know if you still have to, but it used to be that you had to keep tapping the screen when the spicy chicken logo came up and sometimes it would crash and sometimes it will finally load. But once it loads the first time, it will always load up.

As for Summerboard, i don't know if this is relevant, but do you have bsd subsystem installed? and if you have, make sure the themes are in the right directory (private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes). There should be a couple of folders in there that are themes.

EDIT: Me and chucktwelve posted like the same thing. Dang, oh well.
  4. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ipodtouchmaster has a video on how to get summerboard to work in 1.1.3 search for it on youtube.......and skyler has several threads about how to get customize to work in 1.1.3 follow his directions to the T and it will work....it did for me
  5. shugan02

shugan02 New Member

YUP YUP.. im on 1.1.3 and i used newer version of customize.. skylars i think.. and then watch ipodtouchmasters video for summerboard =]]
  6. ReidPenny

ReidPenny New Member

Is there a source for skylars customize or how do I get it?
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The ipod touch fans repo

touchrepo.com/repo.xml
  8. ipodtouchpros

ipodtouchpros New Member

First, you have to install WinSCP and find the coreservices thing in the coreservices and you have to open it with notepad and scroll to the end where it says 1.1.3 and make it 1.1.2. That should change the customize and for summerboard you have to make a command so it changes the directory that the themes are sent too. If you have any questions email me at ipodtouchpros@gmail.com or go to my website at http://www.freewebs.com/ipodtouchpros
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You really don't need to cahnge that file to 1.1.2 anymore if you install the right stuff. There is a Customize Fix that Skylar wrote that works great.

There is even a fix to do the Symlinks for you now in case you don't know how that works either.