1.1.3 Help! Much appreciated. THIS WILL HELP YOU!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by shibby999955, Jan 15, 2008.

1. shibby999955

shibby999955 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey everyone! I am new to this. But glad to be on such a site

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, last night, I was upgrading extended prefrences on my iPod. It was working and then said an error occured and couldn't find some file.
    I restarted my Touch, then when the Springboard came back my "settings.app" was gone. At that time I was like, oh ok that's cool, i'll just restore in the morning.
    To restore your iPod, you have to download "iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw" from somewhere.. I think I got it from MacWorld or something...
    Once you have downloaded it VIA FIREFOX (you have to because Safari stuffs up downloading those kind of files) you go into iTunes and hold down Alt and then click on restore. This lets you choose the file. It looks like a lego piece

ANYWAYS. In the morning I woke up to find that Apple had released all those new apps for the iPod, I got excited and wanted to install 1.1.3.
    I realised there is no way that 1.1.3 would allow installer.app to be on there, but if you think about it, installer.app sucks anyways, i mean in a month or something Apple are releasing a SDK for developers to make 3rd party apps anyway! So why not wait!

So my problem is, i'm stuck with 1.1.2, and everytime I try to install 1.1.3, it comes up with an unknown error occurance:
    "The iPod "iPod" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (1603).

My ideas are that I'm using a very old PowerBook G4, and mabye because it won't allow me to install the new iTunes, it decides to chuck a b*tch (because of the lack of the intel core)

I'm gonna try it on my dad's laptop tonight, and i will post an update..

anyone got any ideas? I'm trying to find the package for 1.1.3 so i can do it manually, a link would be nice

Thanks ipod touch fans!
  2. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

i don't think this is true
  3. deveelx

deveelx New Member

No. I don't think the installer.app sucks!

You should have not mentioned that.
  4. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dont restore u can find a backup of your prefs in ~Library
    it will be prefrences.app.bak

did the same thing and searched forever till i found that lol