1.1.3 Google Maps - Locate and Traffic.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by jltdhome, Jan 27, 2008.

1. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Has anyone figured out a way to make the Locate Me feature work. Also, the Show Traffic feature? I have toggled it on but nothing changes on my map. So far the only new feature I am able to use on this application is the drop pin feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Jm9760

Jm9760 Member

The show traffic feature has never done anything for me, even in when I was using a non-jailbroken 1.1.3. The location feature works fine for me, though.
  3. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

The locate me only covers certain areas. How did you enable the traffic thing???
  4. in/flux

in/flux New Member

Locate Me sends your wifi network info to some company's server that drove around some cities and collected information that will allow you to triangulate your location. Your area might not be indexed yet, or there isn't sufficient wifi AP data available.

Edit: saw this on some blog. In your maps settings, on the same screen as the one with Add buddy, there is an option like Invisible or something. Turn it off.
  5. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Its not like im going to be using it while im driving down the road. Its just that obsessive compulsive disorder kicking in. Everything has to work just perfect or ill lose my mind. Thanks for clearing up the locate me feature. I guess ill have to go check out a starbucks or something. But the Traffic has to work d*m it all!
  6. in/flux

in/flux New Member

Haha, I hear you, I feel the same way. If you haven't, see my edit above, it might help you. Cheers.
  7. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    All is well. Just an update. The locate feature only works on select WIFI Networks. The traffic feature only works on 30 select cities. I was searching for my local Florida town thats why nothing was working. Try searching New York or something. So everything is working 100%.
  8. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Excuse me, i feel really stupid for asking, but how do you get to the map settings? do you mean navizon?
  9. roflsauce

roflsauce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Click the eyeball in the bottom right.
  10. staticoranges

staticoranges New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    actually, no. not the setting we're looking for.