1.1.3 Faq

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by music4life, Jan 15, 2008.

1. music4life

music4life Active Member

Q: Is it true I have to spend $20 to get iPhone 1.1.3 apps on my iPod?
    A: Yes, this is correct. Steve Jobs, or whoever, decided to rip us off.

Q: Has 1.1.3 been jailbroken yet?
    A: Not quite yet. But I'm sure there are tons of people out there that are working very hard and attempting to "jailbreak" the 1.1.3 firmware.

Q: Can I downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?
    A: Yes, you sure can. There is a stickied thread in THIS section that will explain it.

Q:Will your iPod brick if you update from a jailbroken 1.1.2(confirmed) 1.1.1(not confirmed) iPod?
    A:No, it will not..Proof? Just did it from a 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod(Mine-Exodus885) and updated to 1.1.3

Q: Will I be able to downgrade my 1.1.3 iPod using another computer with iTunes v7.5?
    A: So far, the answer is NO. (Needs confirmation)

Q: Can i get the things that cost 20$ for free?
    A: No.

Q: Are there any real (noticeable) benefits of upgrading to 1.1.3 apart from having the ability to pay for iPhone apps?
    A: "Not really... I updated it and everything looked the same except my 3rd apps were gone which I knew was gonna happen.... Only if you buy an $20 update you will get the iPhone apps, be able to arange icons and put your bookmarks on the screen... So if you are not buying $20 upgrade dont update...."

Q: Will I be able to downgrade my 1.1.3 iPod using another computer with iTunes v7.5?
    A: So far, the answer is NO. (Needs confirmation)

Q:Can you get the old iPod dock back if you upgraded to 1.1.3 without going back to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?
    A:No, 1.1.3 is very limited in what you can change. In terms of the springboard (home screen) the only thing you can change is the order of apps on the screen. You can only do more advanced customization, like changing dock styles, with a jailbroken iPod and a modding application.

Q:If I upgrade from a jailbroken 1.1.2 will it keep my settings?
    A:Yes! All the notes, mail settings, even your signature from your e-mail will remain the same. So there's no need to backup all those libraries.

Q:Say you buy the $20 upgrade and then decide to downgrade and hack because the upgrade is not as great as you expected. Will you be charged another $20 if you upgrade again?
    A:SOMEONE CONFIRM ANSWER PLEASE. I don't want to put an answer until I know for sure.

Q: Will you be able to share [yes, as in send it to others] the £12.99/ $20 "Software Upgrade"?
    A: The answer is YES! But, yeah, here's a big but... you wont be able to install it to other iPods!

ATTENTION: ANY MORE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO POST IN HERE WITH A CORRECT ANSWER. AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE CREDIT FOR YOUR Q & A LET ME KNOW IN THE POST.

NOTE: SEEING AS THE PROPER INFORMATION REGUARDING THE JAILBREAK OF 1.1.3 HAS BEEN CLEARLY STATED MULTIPLE TIMES ON THIS THREAD, ANY QUESTIONS POSTED CONTAINING QUESTIONS ABOUT TRICKING ITUNES TO GET THE FREE $20 APPS OR IF IT HAS BEEN JAILBROKEN YET WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE CLOSURE OF THREADS
  2. Exodus885

Exodus885 New Member

Q:Will your iPod brick if you update from a jailbroken 1.1.2(confirmed) 1.1.1(not confirmed) iPod?
    A:No, it will not..Proof? Just did it from a 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod(Mine) and updated to 1.1.3
  3. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

My question:

Q. Are there any real (noticeable) benefits of upgrading to 1.1.3 apart from having the ability to pay for iPhone apps?
    A. ????
  4. music4life

music4life Active Member

Good question, I haven't actually updated yet so those who have this, it would be nice to have this question answered.

Thanks.
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Q: Can i get the things that cost 20$ for free?

A: Not yet... but hopefully (Bad answer, its good if you change it)
  6. dino86

dino86 New Member

Not really... I updated it and everything looked the same except my 3rd apps were gone which I knew was gonna happen.... Only if you buy an $20 update you will get the iPhone apps, be able to arrange icons and put your bookmarks on the screen... So if you are not buying $20 upgrade don't update.... And also you can get these things for free all you have to do is not update because you can import iPhone apps on a jailbroken iTouch..
  7. music4life

music4life Active Member

Thanks for all your great Q's & A's folks! Keep 'em comin'!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    as far as i can tell it hasnt messed up my 1.1.1, updtaes not done yet though, who knows
  9. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Q: Can we still SSH and get the 20$ things for free so everyone can have them for free?
    A: NO! No SSH, you must be jailbroken to SSH... which 1.1.3 cannot be!
  10. josexi

josexi New Member

Say you buy the 20buck upgrade and then decide to downgrade and hack because theyre not as great as you expected. will you be charged another 20bucks if you upgrade again?