1.1.3 directory diffrence?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by FrankDaTank089, Feb 21, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

quick question. I have a lot of people wanting me to make my snes repo compatible with the 1.1.3 firmware. I personally don't have it, but I know the directory is different. That is what is keeping me from making one. So what is the different directory? Can someone just post up where I should put, lets say, the snes roms for the snes emulator in the 1.1.3 firmware starting with the original backslash? Thanks
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    var/mobile/media

I use your repo all the time. Im on 1.1.3 They just have to create simlinks from

var/root/media to var/mobile/media

Also i think 1.1.3 changes the permissions on your roms. but i just use mobilefinder to change them back.
  3. FrankDaTank089

ok, thanks man, well since i dont have 1.1.3, as long as its ok with you, i will probably use you to beta the repo that i am making now. so just to make sure, the directory for the snes roms on 1.1.3 should be...

var/mobile/media/ROMs/SNES
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Actually, it's this:

/private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/SNES

File directories are case sensitive in Unix filesystems, and since /var/ is just a symlink to /private/var/, it would be better to use the actual path. Make sure you put a slash at the start, too.
  5. FrankDaTank089

got it. i knew about the case sensitive, i was just making sure i had the right directory, and knew about the / before, but almost forgot about the private. thanks!