1.1.3 brick rumor!

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by skyline_-, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Yeah, my other post about this was deleted by a moderator:

"it's not the truth" - I like that, can you prove its not the truth? you have NO proof, its not.

Anyway, as stated. I am not saying this is 100% correct but it all matches up, just think about it. Ask apple for yourself, word your questions carefully, talk to the right people and you can also get answers.

Again: I am not saying this is a proven fact - There is no need to delete a thread that is just trying to inform, I don't think predictions are not breaking the rules.

I have created a website that I would ask you to add to your favorites, I will be updating this every-day from what I hear and understand.

<link removed>

I am not trying to "scare" you. I am just pointing this out.

Thanks,
    Skyline.

Quoted from the site:

2. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

Q: What?! Can Apple BRICK our iPods?!

A: Of course, you are using third party applications. They can make it unusable any time they wanted to. Its as simple as that.
    no they cant. they can but making it unusable cant brick your ipod..
  3. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

By brick, I was saying "They can make it unusable any time they wanted to."
  4. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You cannot "update" just the restore button without updating your whole iTunes app. So this rumour is as good as busted. In all cases, this is rumour, so I'm moving it to the rumour board, not the jailbreak board. This will prevent confusions from people who are genuinely interested in jailbreaking.
  5. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    scary stuff right there, I hope its not true but we'll see I guess. Is it possible if we just save all the files as backup and if we need to restore we can just replace the files and what not? Just a thought lol, probably I'm just over my head
  6. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    just have your internet turned off before they "update the restore button"
  7. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Of course they can, its not hard for them to update something like that, its basically updating a download. I might be mistaken though, hopefully it will require you to download a new version of iTunes, but I don't think. ;/
  8. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iTunes was not built on a modular system, and as long as you don't elect to update the software as a whole, there is no automatic update procedures to update specific section(s) of it. Each time a new version is released, you get a prompt that asks you whether or not you'll be interested to update, and if so, you're taken to the download site, not installed automatically. Once downloaded, you're updated for the entire package, again, as a whole. You are oblivious to how computer software works, or reading too much into people's bull****.
  9. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    ha exactly
  10. deveelx

deveelx New Member

I concur!

Also, if they want your iPod bricked then they should have not developed the Restore option.

No more comments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.