1.1.3 Benefits and sorrow

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by xelljin, Jan 20, 2008.

1. xelljin

xelljin New Member

My own personal observation....
    ....I had 1.1.3 and bought the 20 dollar whatever you want to call it. I have since dropped back to 1.1.2 and jailbroken. I can tell you that the OS on the touch runs faster and is more responsive in 1.1.3. Keyboard response is better and applications such as mail are more solid and reliable.

so yeah...1.1.3 is a good update, if you ignore the obvious annoyances and problems with getting it.

The reason I dropped back is because I restored my ipod....not to 1.1.x but just clicked restore to reset it to 1.1.3. Now I've done this a couple times before since I got and bought 1.1.3 without an issue. Now I can't get it to give me the addon again. So it seems that clicking restore to clean up your ipod isn't an option if youv'e bought the update and apps. VERY sad.

I'm happy to be jailbroken but sad to have lost what I paid for.
  2. seveniron

seveniron New Member

I'm sure that Apple support could fix it. After all, you should have a receipt for the paid upgrade. I know I do, albeit about 4 days after I bought it.
  3. xelljin

xelljin New Member

Thanks, yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm just waiting a little bit to see what happens with this whole thing before I do.