1.1.3 apps on 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thechungster, Feb 16, 2008.

1. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is there any way to get the wiggling icons or webclips onto an iPod touch running 1.1.1? Is there a code or anything? Replies much apreciated
  2. sendblink23

sendblink23 New Member

sorry dude... it isn't possible to have the wiggly stuff .. on the 1.1.1 .. the Source of the 1.1.3 runs diffrent from the old 1.1.1 .. . if you still want it .. just upgrade and jailBreak it

For me.. I'm staying on 1.1.1 I'll just use Customize and change the icons order.

Please Register or Log in to view images

the only things you can add from 1.1.3 .. since like way before (1.1.1 iPhone Apps into the iTouch) Mail, Stocks, Weather, Maps & Notes
  3. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am never going to change to 1.1.3 coz it was so unreliable. I did it once and it crashed
  4. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Dude, what are you talking about? Thats what "soft upgrading" is.. You start in 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 depending on what jailbreak method you use.. All that upgrade does is trick your iPod into thinking its on 1.1.3 firmware when its really not, once its tricked it installs the decrypted "nikita" file which contains wiggly, web clips, ETC.. All that good stuff, but the point is your still on a later firmware your iPod just doesn't know it..

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    on right! I never actually understood what soft upgrade was. Thanx . I'm still going to leave it till its stable. Me and a lot of people have problems. I'll wait. I've had to restore my iPod touch about 8 times. I'm leaving it on 1.1.1 for now