1.1.3 Apps need Wifi? and another question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by M_T_L, Feb 5, 2008.

1. M_T_L

M_T_L New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So My friend who has an unbroken ipot says that the software upgrade form Apple (1.1.3 w/ maps, stocks, weather, etc) says that the applications do not need the wifi to work and that they are already uploaded to the ipod and can work without wifi. Enlighten me on this becasue If that Is the case I will pay the $20 for the apps and the software. I dont use games and all other stuff so I dont see the need for the jailbreak. Even though my 1.1.3 ipod is jailbroken, I would rather have those applications that dont work all the time.

Let me know guys!

Also does anybody have an idea why when I do a hard reboot it makes me restore my ipod back and I have to start all over?
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Mail : Needs Wifi
    Maps : needs Wifi
    Stocks : Needs Wifi

I hope that answers your question.
  3. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

Yeah it is impossible for those three apps to work without wifi. Unless you have Edge
    1 person likes this.
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

And the iPod Touch doesn't have Edge.
    1 person likes this.
  5. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    kind of obvious that it needs wifi isnt it?:S how else would they update? you dont need wifi for them to work, but for it to be up-to-date then you need it.
  6. M_T_L

M_T_L New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well I was just verifiying it becasue I didnt think so and he was so adament about them working without the wifi.