1.1.3 and SummerBoard does not work

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by Base, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Base

Base New Member

Hi,

I was updated my I-Pod Touch from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 via iJailBrekMe and now I cannot uninstall Summerboard via the installer. The SBIcon shows up neither. It is only in the installer. How can I remove it? I already deleted the SB-directory in the app-dir.

THX
  2. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

you could connect the iPod to your computer and open up the program that you use to look into the iPods files. You can find it in there. Now I am not on my regular computer so when I get home later today I will open up Cute FTP Pro and tell you exactly how to get it from there using that program. If you want to download that program then reply to this or private message me and I will give you a link to download the program and a patch so you can get the whole program for free.
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I think, from what he first said, that he has already SSH'd in and removed the summerboard app folder manually.

This problem is known as he now cannot uninstall SB from Installer ( i guess he is getting the "Main Script Execution" error )

I havent seen a fix around this yet - if I do, I will post up on here

Please Register or Log in to view images

KappaTango
  4. ZeroInterior

ZeroInterior New Member

summberboard anyways is not working for 1.1.3 yet its one of the only programs thats not fully working, so don't waste your time until they release a new version
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Man, he KNOWS that - that is why he uninstalling it..... but it wont go from the "Uninstall" list in Installer.
  6. Base

Base New Member

Yeah - right.

Is there a way to manipulate the list where the installer keeps all information about the installed apps? I already saw the uninstall script of SB and none of the folder exists except the app-folder. I think all the folders in the system and framework directories have benn deleted during upgrading to 1.1.3 via iJailBreak.
  7. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I haven't got this installed but I think SummerBoard also creates a folder in /Library ( might be /Media).
    Where it stores the themes.....

have you deleted that too??
  8. Khamelion

Khamelion New Member

Summerboard will work with icons if you move your customized icons into
    "var/mobile/Library" , because this is the new path for Library, but it uses only the small partition. That's why you needed to symlink the Libary Folder