1.1.3...Am I missing something???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by jcgso, Jan 21, 2008.

1. jcgso

jcgso New Member

OK, Ive had my Touch for several weeks now. The first day, I jailbroke it and added the iphone apps and a number of other great 3rd party apps through installer. I've read a bunch of the threads here on 1.1.3, but still can't figure out why I would need 1.1.3. I'm running Vista on my desktop and have upgraded to itunes 7.6, with no problems. Do the iphone apps work differently or are there any new apps from apple?
  2. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can now buy the iPhone apps for 20 bucks, and there are new features that are cool

besides, who wants an old firmware when you can upgrade when sdk comes out?
  3. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

I would not reccommend upgrading until the 1.1.3 jailbreak is released. Right now the only changes to the apps, are that google maps has a "locator," and mail has native support for Gmail. Then there are the webclips but not much more.
  4. sliderboy1231

sliderboy1231 New Member

um i just upgraded to 1.1.3 and it erased all of my stuff from the 1.1.1 firmware i had. can i buy the iphone apps for the ipod touch... where would i buy that from. can i get the same apps that i had with the 1.1.1 onto my ipod touch with the new 1.1.3 .... thanks alot
  5. Abandoned.Trolley

Abandoned.Trolley New Member

My mail has had gmail support since 1.1.2 i believe, well least mine works.

Also there is the ability to easily move your actual app icons about on the screen. Other than that there doesn't seem to be any 'bug fixes' or improvements within the update
  6. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    some have claimed (read: claimed) that the OS is a bit zippier itself. (perhaps faster boot ect.) It could just be because of a lowly populated springboard though.
  7. Steamburn123

Steamburn123 New Member

Do you know how do I set up an account on Yahoo mail? I got the mail apps but i have no idea
    how to use and access my yahoo acc.
    help?
  8. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Wow, try checking about a million treads on this site!