1.1.3-3 Jailbreak Woes

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Mindfield, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I just can't catch a freakin' break here.

Here's exactly what I do to jailbreak, including the three different 1.1.3 methods I've tried.

1. Full, clean restore to 1.1.1.
    2. jailbreakme.com
    3. OktoPrep
    4. Shift-update to 1.1.2
    5. TouchFree 1.1.2 jailbreak
    6. Installer update
    7. BSD Subsystem

All done while attached to the PC, if that makes any difference.

Now, for the 1.1.3 jailbreak:

First I tried iPodTouchMaster's jailbreak method. It worked, but the Summerboard wouldn't work, nor would it for anyone who used his jailbreak.

So then I tried the Dev Team 1.1.3 GUI with full restore. It hung at "attempting to reboot." I helped it along by force rebooting and it went into restore mode and wouldn't come out, nor could I force restore to a point where iTunes would let me restore without throwing that damned Error 1604. I had to reboot (the PC) before it would reinstall the iPod drivers that would let iTunes do its thing. (Seriously, where do those drivers go that it forgets them?)

I started over yet again and tried the 1.1.3-3 upgrader with no restore. Now, at this specific moment, immediately following "Jailbreaking system image," it's hung at a blank screen with only the iPod status bar at the top.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here? This is driving me absolutely freaking mad. I can safely say that I have now put in close to 12 hours on a proper working 1.1.3 jailbreak and am still coming up empty handed.
  2. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The part where you said it was stuck on rebooting, you should have turned it on, and when it was in recovery, you should have turned on iphuc and typed cmd fsboot
  3. kuecker_dj09

kuecker_dj09 New Member

try jailbreaking from 1.1.1
    use ijailbreak instead of ipodtouchmaster.
    make sure you have the bsd subsystem
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

See, now I downloaded iPhuc (from its Google Code page) but I've no idea what to do with it. The archive contains a single file with no file extension, and I believe it is a Mac binary. I'm on Windows, so this is obviously no good to me. Is there a recent Windows binary available somewhere?

Where would I find iJailbreak? And does Summerboard work with it?
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

it just so happens to be on the same board that you posted this on, as a sticky.

search lolz.
  6. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, there is an iPHUC for windows.
    http://code.google.com/p/iphucwin32/
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Doh... right. I was busy searching for solutions to my problem that this thread didn't even register.

If I can't get out of my current predicament then I guess I'll try that.

Jailbreak attempt #4...
  8. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

i havent even attempted this jailbreak due to the many problem i see all over the place. ill just wait for the full jalbreak to come out before anything else.
  9. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Well I'll be damned.

I forced a reset, fully expecting it either to come back in recovery mode or still be in 1.1.2 -- and bugger me if it didn't pop into the 1.1.3 Springboard. Even iTunes popped up pimping the January software upgrade (which it never did before). I'm going to test everything out and make sure it all works before I call it a success though.
  10. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Good Luck with JB #4.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also post the result of that here... I wanna know if that has any problems..

I am still on 1.1.2 as I am happy with that because all 1.1.3 does is that it makes things easier but along with that it creates more problems than solutions... However it seems that some people have got through most of the problems :s 1.1.2 can do the same things but takes a lil more time.

Hopefully I will JB 1.1.3 when there are no problems in it and everything works fine

Please Register or Log in to view images