1.1.3-1.1.1-1.1.2 Oktoprep Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Kentric, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Kentric

Kentric New Member

Ok, the 1.1.3 jailbreak failed for me so I had to restore back to 1.1.1 and do the entire process over again. However, whenever I run windows.bat to jailbreak 1.1.2, it always says that I didn't install oktoprep even though I did right after jailbreaking 1.1.1 (I tried this 3 times already). I've searched around already and some people are attributing this problem to itunes 7.6, while others claim that they made it work with 7.6. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
  2. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have 7.6 and i installed oktoprerp. The problem was that my space on my ipod was usually 17mb after upgrading to 1.1.2 with oktoprep however it was still the same as what it usually was, at 14mb. However the 1.1.2 jailbreak still worked somehow.
  3. Kentric

Kentric New Member

Is there any other way to jailbreak 1.1.2 or is my ipod stuck like this indefinitely? There must have been a fair number of people who also failed on their first try in jailbreaking 1.1.3. Most of them don't seem to be having this problem of getting back to a jailbroken 1.1.2...
  4. polo735

polo735 New Member

Definitely would like a solution to this problem. I'm stuck at 1.1.1 trying to move to 1.1.2. When I use jailbreak.jar it will put my ipod into recovery mode. I restored to 1.1.1 using itunes 7.6, used ijailbreakme then oktoprep. I upgraded to 1.1.2 using itunes. Then the problem is after i run jailbreak.jar. I want to be at 1.1.2 so i can move to 1.1.3.
  5. ccountry

ccountry New Member

I second this. How can I move to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1
  6. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, I am having problems getting to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 also. I install OktoPrep, update to 1.1.2, run the Mac jailbreak file but then it just goes into recovery mode.
    Is there any way to skip 1.1.2 and go directly from .1 to .3 while retaining the ability to play DRM'd iTunes files?
  7. bmonzing

bmonzing New Member

Same problem here on the Mac. iPod stuck in recovery mode after attempting to jailbreak 1.1.2. Read somewhere that this has to do with iTunes 7.6. So I tried to downgrade to 7.5, and the iPod is recognized, but it will not restore 1.1.1, 1.1.2, or 1.1.3.

Going back to iTunes 7.6 for the restore and will keep you posted. Anyone, let us know if you find a solution.

Thanks everybody. Tonight's been interesting to say the least. Wait, it's morning. Dang.
  8. Kentric

Kentric New Member

Ok I just tried it for a 4th time and made some minor changes (eg. rebooted after 1.1.1 jailbreak + after installing oktoprep). I found something very interesting. The used space on my ipod as shown in iTunes is 15.7 mb before oktoprep and 15.8 mb after I install it (Makes sense, since the package from installer is 13.9 kb if I remember correctly). However, I found out that if I reboot the ipod, it goes back to 15.7 mb, even though the installer says that it's still installed. I don't know if this proves whether iTunes 7.6 is the culprit since I didn't pay attention to the filesizes the first time I jailbreaked my ipod with 7.5, but apparently rebooting the ipod erases oktoprep for me. As far as I can see, this is unavoidable since to restore to 1.1.2 the ipod has to reboot anyway, which again would erase oktoprep.

I hope someone can find a solution to this soon.
  9. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am on 7.6 and it works for me >.>
  10. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned