Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IsaacOwnsYouuu, Jan 11, 2008.

1. IsaacOwnsYouuu

IsaacOwnsYouuu New Member

Im trying to jaibreak 1.1.2. Yeah im kid of embarrassed i cant figure this out but ne way. I did all of the steps got octo prep and everything. Then i tried to restore on my desktop. I kept on getting error 48. So i tried reinstaling itunes and restarting my computer. No help. So then i decided to use a different computer to update. I downloaded everything alright and everthing was going fine and syncing. Then it reached a part in the imstalation where on itunes it says backing up ipod. Its been like that for about 6 hours and i dont think its working haha. Any sugestions ? sry if this has been posted i couldnt find it ne where else
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Ok... just incase you messed up or anything... your going to have to restore.

Unplug the iPod, and follow this guide to restore...

1. Turn off iPod completely... and open iTunes on your computer

2. On the iPod, hold the Home button, and then connect the iPod cable... while holding the Home button.

3. The iPod will power on if it all goes well... but keep holding the Home button

4. The iPod will then show the Connect to iTunes image

5. iTunes will then ask to restore you iPod
  3. edoras

edoras New Member

Restore and start from the beginning....
  4. IsaacOwnsYouuu

IsaacOwnsYouuu New Member

already did. sorry i didnt make that clear i keep on getting error 48
  5. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

How many times? I'd try again. Search this site for "error 48" with the quotations. other people have had this problem, I'm sure someone figured something out.

edit: ok, I searched for you cause I have nothing better to do. Seems like the problem was fixed by updating itunes to version 7.5. Worth a shot if you arent already using 7.5