1.1.2 upgrade w/OktoPrep deletes installer + all of apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by RompaRoom, Dec 28, 2007.

1. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

Like the title ive tried upgrading to 1.1.2 following this users video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGVaWkzMJZ0

I had 1.1.1. jailbroken i installed OktoPrep and then went to itunes to update but after it restarted my ipod my apps and installer were gone

Please Register or Log in to view images

Did I do something wrong? Do i need to jailbreak it again in 1.1.2? i thought oktoprep is supposed to allow me to update without losing the jailbreak and apps....can someone please explain how i jailbreak from 1.1.1. to 1.1.2 in detail?? i've searched and couldnt find a solution

thanks in advance
  2. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    did you download the jailbreak file because when you upgrade you have to run a jailbreak file then you will have a jailbroken ipod
  3. jake112493

jake112493 Member

try to jailbreak it again
  4. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

Ahh so after installing Okto do the upgrade through itunes as normal, and then go to jailbreakme.com and run that again and it should work? Is it normal that it erases my jailbreak and apps etc after doing the update to 1.1.2.?

I beleive i tried jailbreaking in 1.1.2 and it didnt let me jailbreak it nothing ever installed and it just hung in safari, but i dont think i had installed OktoPrep that time - was that the reason?

sorry for all the questions total no0b to this part
  5. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

WOW this isnt working at all, I went ahead and updated to 1.1.2 from apple it erased the jailbreak and hacks, AND then i tried going to jailbreakme.com to jailbreak again but it just hangs in safari after trying to install the app it leaves me with an all white page

Please Register or Log in to view images

im thinking its cuz im in 1.1.2 but i thought if i installed okto in 1.1.1 before updating it would let me? i am very confused how is it people are getting to 1.1.2 and still being able to download the AppSnapp and have it broken? when i update to 1.1.2 it erases my jailbreak i cant download it either
  6. tmad40blue

tmad40blue New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm having this exact same problem, but I believe I can explain it in some more detail.

I have successfully jailbroken my iPod touch 3 times prior to this with no problem whatsoever. However, yesterday when I attempted to jailbreak again using the exact same steps, iTunes erased my entire iPod when I attempted the update to 1.1.2. Music, videos, jailbreak, Installer, OktoPrep, everything was gone. At first I was like "WTF? OK, let's just try it again..." I went through everything again and everything worked flawlessly up until the 1.1.2 update. It erased my ENTIRE iPod again. However, this time I noticed that iTunes was doing something during the update that it hadn't before. Normally it would simply say, in order... "Extracting update" "Preparing iPod for update" "Updating iPod software" "Verifying software update". But this time, after the "Verifying" part, I saw that iTunes said it was "Updating iPod firmware..."

What I think this means is that Apple has gotten around OktoPrep somehow. Dat's not good. >.<
  7. allyhax

allyhax Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, it's supposed to do that. When you update, then you have to run windows.bat which you have downloaded since you're following the tutorial at the top of the website.
  8. tmad40blue

tmad40blue New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Note that I'm on a Mac and note that I've never had to do that before to jailbreak. 3 times. It worked simply to update without using any computer applications other than iTunes to do the restore and later update.

I guess my big question is, why is iTunes erasing ALL contents on my iPod?