1.1.2 Upgrade going into recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by frankyn00, Feb 16, 2008.

1. frankyn00

frankyn00 New Member

Ok, well I've searched around for my problem and there really isn't an answer to it.
    Heres the problem:
    Recently i jailbroke my itouch to 1.1.3+apps, today however it ran into some problems so i had to enter it into recovery mode. when i restored it i came out with 1.1.3 and like anyother jailbreaking fan i wanted my apps. so i followed various instructions to downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3.
    im currently at 1.1.1 jailbreak the problem is im trying to get to 1.1.2 (and staying there bc 1.1.3 had wayy to many problems). i used the jailbreakme hack and i believe it already installed oktoprep along with it, when i tried to get to 1.1.2 firmware using shift click+update and clicking on my 1.1.2 firmware, but when i try to upgrade it it gives me error and sends my touch into recovery mode and i have to get it back to 1.1.1. ive tried to get to 1.1.5 about 5 times. does anyone know whats going on and/or what i should do?

im running itunes 7.6 (the latest one) does that have anytihing to do?

also im on windows xp

thanks in advance for all of your help
  2. frankyn00

frankyn00 New Member

O shoot i posted in the wrong place canan admin please move this over to the jailbreak area

sorry
  3. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Yup. This is somewhat common in iTunes 7.6. Try uninstalling 7.6 and install 7.5. Download it here.

If you still having problem and the error keeps coming in. Maybe oktoprep wasn't installed properly or wan't installed at all. In that case go to this thread to the Oktoprep source: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39117
    There were reports that Oktoprep wasn't found in the Installer. So use that link to add it your Installer.
  4. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If your touch is going into recovery mode after you run the 1.1.2 jailbreak program, it's an issue with iTunes 7.6. All you have to do is run a little program called iNdependence if you're on a Mac (or iBrickr if you're on a PC I believe) and it'll give you some weird error messages, but it'll kick your touch out of recovery into jailbroken 1.1.2.
  5. falsenamefriend

falsenamefriend New Member

Got that prob, but I cant run iNdependence. It just tells me Ive got an unsupported version of itunes...
  6. frankyn00

frankyn00 New Member

Thanks for all your help guys, but i got it.
    I think it was a itunes problem, bc i uninstalled itunes 7.6 to 7.5 and it worked finr.
    the problem was i couldnt even get to the jailbreak application because i didnt even have 1.1.2
    but its all fine tho

and falsenamefriend just downgrade itunes to 7.5