1.1.2 to 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eye-pod, Mar 15, 2008.

1. eye-pod

eye-pod New Member

Hello, I hope you have some insightfull answers, not the "search" (which I did) type..

So I finally decided to update my 8GB Touch to 1.1.4 to take advantage of some of the new features. And of course I'd like to JB again once updated, and use my current app's.

What I do NOT want to do is restore before the update/re-JB, as I have no time to transfer all songs again, some being on my work computer from iTunes store where I have to either burn to CD & then transfer to my home PC (as the work computer runs on Win 2K on which I can't install use iTunes 7.6)...

Questions:
    1. is it possible to update to 1.1.4 and then use ZiPhone to JB WITHOUT restoring to 1.1.4? (or any other JB-software..)
    2. is it safe to do so, if not what kind of troubles am I possibly going to run into?
    3. is there a compatibility list for applications somewhere which do or do not run on 1.1.4?
    I currently have lots of games, Customize, Categories, BSD, OpenSSH, iPhone Apps, Screenshot, Converter, Zipcodes, DropCopy, ContactFlow, PocketTouch etc installed..
    4. is it really worth updating?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks to all for any (usefull) replies

Regards Eye
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I believe there is a mobile jailbreak for 1.1.2. I'm not sure if it restores though.
  3. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    That is a soft upgrade wich is not good. and yes it will restore your ipod.
    IF YOU WANT 1.1.4 RESTORE AND USE ZIPHONE
  4. eye-pod

eye-pod New Member

Thanks to both of you, in the meantime I did some more searching and it really looks like restore is the way to go

Thus, if I was to upgrade, two question remain:
    1. is it worth it, functionality-wise?
    2. which app's will not be available? I found a customized version of Customize which is said to work ok on 1.1.4, what about the other apps listed?

Thanks again!
  5. messageman3

messageman3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    on my travels through 1.1.4, all of the apps you mentioned above work - only customize needs a lil re-hashing.
  6. eye-pod

eye-pod New Member

Ok, due to a problem with BossTool (making some apps reordered into Categories unaccessible, ? instead of App icon shown), I have now restored to 1.1.4, and JB with Ziphone 2.6b.

It was easy as pie, installed to Jan upgrade iPhone Apps from the iSpazio repo, all work fine, iTunes even restored some settings so contacts are still there which is neat, and am currently installing the standard Apps (BSD, SSH..), seems to be fine so far!

A big thank you to all, to Ziphone for the JB, iSpazio for the easy install of the apps, and everyone in the community contributing help and code for all of us!

Of to load some music now